Built A Shelf On My Desk (pics!)

Well, i had my tower sitting on my desk, as show in the first pic, but i didnt have room to move my mose, or any room to put anything like cd's, so i decided to fab up a shelf to sit on top of my desk. Now i only hope i don't upgrade my monitor for a while. :eek:

The before pic is also before i got my 19" lcd.

Before:

image01ee3.jpg

After:

Image01.jpg

Image02.jpg

Image03.jpg

Image04.jpg

Image05.jpg

Image06.jpg

Image07.jpg

Image08.jpg

Edited by bibby

looks nice man. I was actually thinking about doing something similar. I think you just inspired me to get off my ass and do something.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Cool! It took me about 5hours, and two trips to the depot. I loved my desk, but hated how small it was. I was going to buy a new one, then decided to do this. i am giong to put some type of finish on it. Not sure what to do yet. i have wood filled, and sanded all the screw holes. but i am going to also wood fill all the lines, to make them smooooth. then probably stain it to match my desk.

what type of wood did you use? I think if you stain it to match it will look that much better.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I'm getting pics up right now. Yea, as you saw, the desk s brown with black trim, i am going to stain the top brown, and do all the edges black. should turn out nice. Still have some more finishing on it to do, like smoothing. Right now, it's ugly, but i love what it does. I designed it to fit my monitor, and hold two cd spindles. I am going to remake it when i get a new monitor, but that will be awhile, i just got this one. anyways, and add some more shelves and stuff. The back was supposed to come down all the way, and then i was going to cut slots out for the cords, but i guess i didnt measure properly. I'll redo it one day. It is MDF. HAd some laying around. :) Free wood. Well atleast already paid for wood.

Edited by bibby

hey it works doesnt it? Then its all good, once you paint it and and get it all finished you wont be able to tell its mdf except for maybe the top.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Cool! It took me about 5hours, and two trips to the depot. I loved my desk, but hated how small it was. I was going to buy a new one, then decided to do this. i am giong to put some type of finish on it. Not sure what to do yet. i have wood filled, and sanded all the screw holes. but i am going to also wood fill all the lines, to make them smooooth. then probably stain it to match my desk.

Speaker box carpet. :lol:

Nice job bibby! Looks like your measurements were up to par!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.