Stupid Laws And Tints

rumproast789

I have stock tints all the way around on my 02 explorer, they are like 25% on the back windows. I got 20% on the front two sides, then 35% on the windshield.

got pulled over 2 weeks ago cuz I honked at my friend in front of me twice (messin around at a light to turn), and the cop drove by that I didn't see, and turned around to get behind me. So My friend tries to call me to call me an idiot, then hits the curb and the cop pulls him over. I start dying of laughter because he hit it right in front of the cop. So I drive away laughing, and drive back to see if hes getting a ticket from a side street. I took the wrong turn because I thought I would be behind them so I could turn back and drive away, but I was RIGHT next to them. Another cop was there and pulled me over. I live in michigan and the laws are 4" windshield, 4" side two fronts, and any all around the back. The cop said that it was illegal for me to have a fraternal order of police license plate (police license plate, i think thats the name for it atleast), and the law changed back in january saying the person that its registered to has to be the cop. Whatever I didn't know, should be a simple fix, (my uncles a cop) I can donate to the group and it will be legal, but he was still a dickhead. He was like I can take your licesnse plate and impound your car right now if I wanted to. So I was scared. The cop asks why was I laying on my horn right when the light turned green. That isn't at all what happened, I beeped it twice a little into the light because I was messing with my friend cuz he couldn't actually turn. Then the cop says I have 5% on the back windows and 5% on the front two, and asked why do I have them tinted. I was so amazed why he was making shit up, I didn't realize what I shoulda said (It really does hurt my eyes, I'm going to get a doctors note). So I just sat there saying ummmm Idk? I was like the stocks are 25 and the front two are 20, he tries to disagree idk. The other cop that originally pulled me over reached in my lil bros side (passenger) and rolled it up and checked to see if he could see his hand. Didn't say anything though.

So I didn't get a tint ticket, just a obstruction of my view, because the cop tries to tell me that it is hard for me to see out of at night, when I can see perfectly fine.

I removed it that day, and when I took it to the police station they were being gay and wouldnt just take it away cuz I took it off like a normal ticket for tints, I have to pay 110$, write a letter, or take it to court. I am going to write the letter with a photo copy of my reciept that I got from my tinting place saying I took it off.

Like really? I saw a crack head singing in a parking lot to staples just moments before...

Now today a cop drives by me, not very sunny out, and I see him staring. So I go across to the median, and I see him slow down, and then get over. So I'm like shitttt not again, so I turn back around and go back down the street I came from in a hurry, Him staring at me as he passes me again.

It pisses me off that they care so much about stupid tint, its not even that dark. They are really just out to get any money they can and why the hell does it matter if I have tinted windows.

Anyone else getting laws enforced more about tints? Most cops in my area don't care, but in the area just next to us every person I know has gotten screwed. Exactly where it happened to me, it happened to my friend 3 times.

haha sorry for writing all that, but doesnt some of that seem unnecessary?

BTW, anyone have any ideas for me to write in the letter to get out of it?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

im almost positive it has about 25% tints on the back. Unless the majority of the people were lying over at explorerforum...

Doesnt look like anything lighter anyways

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

if I see a cop I just roll my two front windows down.

they haven't bothered me yet or even seemed to notice.

I didn't read your whole post but what state are you in?

it could be different than Cali.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

The cops were only doing their jobs :)

They're keeping the area safe!

lol i guess so, but my area is such a little bubble town I guess you could say. Catch the speeders or the kids doin drugs not kids with tints...

I'm in michigan, probably a decent amount different.

Yeah I try to do that, but that is just like slammin on the breaks when ur speedin, the cops will know whats up

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

lol i guess so, but my area is such a little bubble town I guess you could say. Catch the speeders or the kids doin drugs not kids with tints...

Yeah I try to do that, but that is just like slammin on the breaks when ur speedin, the cops will know whats up

lol not in the cali heat thats why I'm lucky.

michigan it would be like why are you rolling down your windows... its cold outside.

but I do agree with the speeders and what not.

the only real reason I could think of for tint would be for the windshield and thats it!

but laws are laws so... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

My teacher's husband was a cop and she said cops like it when people slam on breaks to slow down when they(drivers) see the cop. The cops ussualy go after the people that continue speeding. i see a lot of people continue to speed even after they see a cop pulling someone in the area. It's crazy sometimes when you'd drive pass a cop and continue speeding and a half mile down you see a cop pulling another person over. I've seen like 4 cops within a 1-2 mile range before. Crazy shit.

But as for the cops looking out for tints, it's nice that they are enforcing that law because it's sometimes having a bunch of gangstas driving around with tinted windows =P. Drive by's = no thanks.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

i have 5 all the way around and the entire windshield tinted, however,

Keep in mind it is for the officers safety, i know i don't wanna be a cop pulling someone over and have them doing whatever in the cab that i cant see.

Also, a doctors note or not, you car is still illegally tinted, he can prescribe a note saying your allowed to have tint, but it really isnt worth it in the end.

I think the window tint law is lame, but then again, theres always a reason why it is illegal, if you werent doing anything wrong i dont see why it should be a big issue, enough that it would get you a ticket. The two times ive been stopped they let me go.

Archived