Second Skin Audio

Thinkin Of A New Box

Current box is 5 cubes at 30 Hz, maps out like this, Fb: 30 Hz, F3:28.04 Hz, +2.429 at 49.88 Hz. The resonant frequency of my blazer is 55Hz. I was thinkin of building a box for competitions/burps. Was thinkin 5 cubes, 60 in^2 of port, tuned to 48Hz. This will not be my daily box. Box kinda maps out like this, Fb: 48Hz, F3: 37.4Hz, +8.152 at 55-56 Hz.

This would be a box for comps only pretty much. As far as music is concerned, i love my box the way it is. Actually, i wouldnt mind building it up with a bigger port. Curent port is 27 in^2 on a 5 cube box, guess thats too small. Sounds good still, just could meter better. So ill probably build a new box for daily drivin that will be 5 cubes, 30 Hz, just more port area. probably about 60 in^2.

Any opinions on either of these boxes? BTW, its for a blazer, ive ran subs up, port back and subs and port back, not sure which i liked better.

EDIT: would like to keep the daily box subs and port back, i like having my cargo room. Once i get my 2 18s, im just going to kiss it goodbye, but i can fit them and keep my rear seats.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

if ur going for spl step up the port area for the 48hz tuning box... like at least 14sqin/cuft

so 75ish+sqin

i dont give a hoot about peaking at 55hz... i dont like the buzz... lol

so if it was me i would rebuild at 5cuft@32-34hz.... so u get a bit more of the higher notes but low enough the u can play pretty much any song safely... and step up the port area to 12-14sqin/cuft

subs back port back

55hz peak is cool, but 35-40hz peak is way more impressive to most since more air is moving

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

for my dd its tuned to 30. I dropped from 35 to 30 and noticed a big change in the lows. Just wanna toy around with an SPL box. Kinda wanna build my new box for my dd too just add more port area, otherwise same net vol and tuning.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived