Sonic Electronix

ok so i hear this term thrown around alot, but i still dont understand the full meaning or what casues it and what it sounds like and etc.. so if someone can explain it to me that would be great, THANKS

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png

Sound waves are sine waves (remember that from trigonometry?) so they have curved peaks and valleys. Clipping cuts the tops and bottoms off of those waves and leaves squared-off areas in the waves. Which causes horrible sound, excess amp heat, and damage to amps, drivers, and so on.

Too many projects, too little time...

@ high volumes it may sound like distortion. Most times you can't hear clipping unless it is really bad. A burnt glue smell from your subs is a good sign that you are clipping the hell out of them!

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So is clipping casued by the song or the amp? i smell a lil smell maybe burning when i playing loud songs like Put on, Hyponitze, Put me in the Freezer.. etc..

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png

same as distortion from an electric guitar just not as noticeable sounds alittle like stepping in snow if you know what I mean

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

So is clipping casued by the song or the amp? i smell a lil smell maybe burning when i playing loud songs like Put on, Hyponitze, Put me in the Freezer.. etc..

can be either more than likely you have your amp set to high

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

But the amps im using are sending less power then then RMS/ Peak can handle, 2000 peak 1000 RMS woofers, amps are sending 1500 Peak 600RMS... so in this case it would be songs right?

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png