Second Skin Audio

Maxxlink?

I have been lookin at a new setup. And i wanna plan it all out before i buy a piece or even my MDF. I am going to run 2 subs in a common chamber box. I was thinking of powering each one with an AQ2200D. What do you need to do this safely? I know the subs need to be getting as close as possible to the same power. I know thats easy running them both off one amp, but im lookin to do an amp on each one. I would hate to spend all that money on subs and amps and fuck it up and blow something.

Im a bit sick, so if this doesnt makes sense, just say so and ill try and clarify, damn allergies are makin it hard to think

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

to my knowledge the AQ2200's are strappable, so if thats the case you don't need a maxxlink.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

ok, never had any amps strapped so not quite sure what that means or how to do it, know of anywhere that explains that?

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

ok, never had any amps strapped so not quite sure what that means or how to do it, know of anywhere that explains that?

Different amps do it different ways, I have never owned the AQ amps so I don't know and don't want to lead you with bad info.

You could ask another member who does own them or call AQ and ask.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

you can strap the audioques however the maxx-link does still help because it is a linedriver a x-over a sub sonic filter and a phase allignment and a fully adjustable bass boost in one i gained .6 db using mine and if i burp 10 times back to back my score stays consistent but here is how you strap them take the negative of the master and hook it into the negative of the slave amp and take the positive of the master amp and hook it to the positive of the speaker then take the positive of the slave amp and hook it to the negative of the speaker.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Ok, and if im doing this with 2 subs? I think i get what youre sayin but im not sure. Any diagrams you know of?

Ok, and if im doing this with 2 subs? I think i get what youre sayin but im not sure. Any diagrams you know of?

try googling sundown 1500 strapping there is 1 of them and they strap the same way

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Archived