03 Explorer

ok gotcha so you want 4.0+ total my box dimensions are as follows

H:13 W:34 D:28

thats 5.7cubes BEFORE displacement well under the window line subs up port back. After sub and port displacement along with 45s displacement you will be around the 4.5s it depends on how thick your port walls are, the size of your 45s, displacement of the subs.....

thanks alot man--do you no dimensions on port for the box tune somewhere in the-28hz-to-31hz somewhere in there would be nice and thanks alot for your help

thanks ryan....lol ryan heard it, seen it etc...FYI it does 51s at 37-51hz flat response etc. Downfall is imp rise on this thing kills...thats what happens with bigger ports, ryan feel free to post the pic you took of my box...(mine has 6-10s in it now) same concept though had 4-12s in it. I never tune my boxes that low so I wouldnt know. Tuned at 37hz it plays lows etc pretty damn good....perhaps ryan will chime in on that. I get good flex, I can vibrate windows in a factory in front of my truck etc.

yeah this thing hits lows fucking great!!!

and i will get those pics up later jeremy. gotta find the damn cord. but yeah guys.. there was a duct taped patch on a window that was flexin.... his whole car was flexxin HARD and the windows in the factory were flexxin along with a vent!!! this thing is impressive as hell and he has the trophies and shit to prove it!!! id listen to this guy.

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

:spiteful: summer project will be good!! When I get my truck done with my elite spl 10s an real power it should be nasty as well....if you use the dimensions I listed you will be fine, I would probably go a bit bigger to tune in the 31hz range to be honest, but now you have a general idea.

thanks ryan....lol ryan heard it, seen it etc...FYI it does 51s at 37-51hz flat response etc. Downfall is imp rise on this thing kills...thats what happens with bigger ports, ryan feel free to post the pic you took of my box...(mine has 6-10s in it now) same concept though had 4-12s in it. I never tune my boxes that low so I wouldnt know. Tuned at 37hz it plays lows etc pretty damn good....perhaps ryan will chime in on that. I get good flex, I can vibrate windows in a factory in front of my truck etc.

i would be happy with 146.0 /148.0 do you think i will have enough power to do that with two orion 2100hcca amps one on ea sub shoud be about 1200-to-1400-ea sub--i will do subs up port back just need a good port tuned to ? dont no any suggestions this is my first ported box i would like to do it right the first time----i have a 300amp alt and -4- kinetik 2400s batts runing just the sub amps all my mid and hiend amps run off my truck and the 200amp alt that runs the truck what do you think just need help with the box and port and i will be doing some [db] hopefully

It depends on real world power you get out of your amps, as for electrical you got a good plan man. Depends on where you wire the amps vs your imp rise to be honest as a hint ryan has his single 18 wired at 1.1ohm, after imp rise his imp at the amp was 3.4ohm. He was getting 1580watts out of a 3k amp after imp rise, people dont realize because an amp is rated at 1ohm doesnt mean your showing it 1ohm....I noticed in all my testing explorers like 42-51hz as a peak. I noticed in explorers you can tune about any where and it still wants to peak in the mid 40hz range. I would say if your wanting daily and comps go 36hz with at least 120sqin of port.

Archived