03 Explorer

Okay so my buddy and I thinking about going to work on his Explorer we've got 4 Rockford T1 12" and 2 Clarion DPX 11500 we're looking for suggestions since this will pretty much be the biggest box we've attempted to make. Apparently the rear cargo area has a volume of 1000 liters I'm thinking rounding down to 850 will be a much more usable volume. Would love any suggestions!

i'm american, i don't do liters! :D

give me some dimensions to work with.

length, width, height.

Do you wanna stay under the windowline?

Is it for pure SPL?

I want to use every inch I can windowline is not important we were thinking about sealing it around the edges actually. Pure SPL isn't really needed I know he's gfonna want to use it day to day but if I could get anywhere in the high 140s we would have all we need to beat our local competition and raise the bar a bit.

To be honest you could keep everything in the back and still get pretty loud. Do you have enough room to get 4 12's across it? Do a box like Sundownz one in his jeep, slot port or 4x6" aeroports, should get you well into the 140's.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Yeah we could get all 4 across the top no problem so that box idea could totally work for us. Haha he wants loud I'm more interested in learning how to design larger boxes like that.

One more thing my bud who's getting this box mentioned he'd like to have the subs cone out, how will this affect the box design?

• 2 weeks later...

subs up port back about 5 inches off the back hatch for loading reasons. Counter sink the subs double baffle, and you got your dimensions wrong I think..width (from side to side) should be more like 45inches, depth should be around 40inches and height (under window line) is around 19inches. I have found this box design best for daily and occasional comps...4-12s and 2000 clamped used real world watts did 151.8 at the dash on TL...nuff said.

box is 4.5 cubes after displacement. I can get dimensions of actual box if needed let me know

Archived