4 Soundstream 12's In A Standard Cab Dime

Actually you can tune a sealed box, you just need a speaker tester like the WT3 tester, and loading a sub in different size airspace enclosures will yield different Peak, and roll off slopes. I' am actually messing with that in the past few days.

I have a 18" sub with a 13.5hz Fs in a 1.7cf sealed box, and when tested, hooked up to the tester you see the new "system" peak, which in my case is 54hz, yet rolls off in the 20hz range, even though the peak is so high, its plays really flat below the peak tuning

In a 3cf box, that drops down to like 35hz

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Actually you can tune a sealed box, you just need a speaker tester like the WT3 tester, and loading a sub in different size airspace enclosures will yield different Peak, and roll off slopes. I' am actually messing with that in the past few days.

I have a 18" sub with a 13.5hz Fs in a 1.7cf sealed box, and when tested, hooked up to the tester you see the new "system" peak, which in my case is 54hz, yet rolls off in the 20hz range, even though the peak is so high, its plays really flat below the peak tuning

In a 3cf box, that drops down to like 35hz

So would it be worth my time to attempt to port it? I heard four of these sealed @ 600 watts a piece in a cr-v & they pounded. so i was originally going to seal them in my truck, then i got the idea to port it.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Okay, So i decidied to just seal it. I was going to partially recess the amps into the box but i decided to scrap that and build a center console to mount them in. It moves me from street to modified but its all good. I got some pics of what i got done tonight. id like to see what you guys think, and how do you think it will do on the meter? ill have 3.9 cubes before displacement.

Took off the partial front panel

Posted Image

Got the panel cut to fit and 2 holes cut

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got the front panel on

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cant wait to hear these things.

Posted Image

Space is a little tight :)

Posted Image

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

So iv gotten some more work done in the last few nights. I was supposed to have started my console by now but my local shop has got me all screwed up, so im now looking for new amps. Im looking at the power acoustik Stax 4000/1D or the MB Quart DSC 2000.1D discus. Im going to need 2 of either one. What do you guys think of these amps? if i choose the stax ill have 4400 watts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right now the box is getting bondo'd & sanded. Ill throw more pics up later. im getting excited to hear these mama-jamas :)

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

well, im like 6'1 & i have some el camino bucket seats in it. My current box is ported and they are facing up on the top of the box. This box however was just the wrong size to port and the fq would have been way high.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang