I found this on mautofied:

http://www.mautofied.com/1998-GMC---Sierra...ting/100170094/

I am new to the whole bagged scene and wanted some input. I am not quite sure what it means but it has 2x4 box rear frame 3 linked. The guy says the front and rear end go up and down but not each individual wheel.

Is this a good deal? How hard/much money would it be to change it so each individual bag moved.

Thanks,

Chris

The 2x4 rear frame means he chopped the factory frame rails off right after the cab and rebuilt it with 2 inch x 4 inch steel tubing, like a piece of wood 2x4 but steel. the 3 link is the rear suspension setup, it basically has 3 mounting points on the frame.

Posted Image

this is the same basic setup that the truck your looking at has minus all the tubing and bed so you can see what im talking about.

To make the bags adjustable by individual corners would take 4 more valves, each bag needs 2 valves one Up and one Down, replumbing the air line for the extra valves and wiring 2 more switches.

i have the same body style truck, front and back only as well, having 4 switches is kind of a pain to me personally. its not really worth doing unless you like being able to hit side to side. When i first bagged my truck i wanted to do f,b,s,s but just did f,b cause riding as low as possible and dragging were important to me....plus its wasier on the install end :P

seems like alot for a truck that has a basic front back system and 149k miles. and where is the hood?

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Ya I want to be able to go side to side but it's ok if it don't.

I'm wanting a fullsized truck that is bagged, painted, and had wheels. I don't want to buy a non bagged truck because I'm not wanting to drop the 3-4gs.

Idk where the hood is....but I'm thinking maybe a 07-09 escalade front clip on the front would look sick.

Ya it has a lot of miles but you can get a crate engine or any engine for this truck for cheap here in fl...those trucks are pretty bullet proof to 200k

to get each bag you will need 6 more valves some more fittings and air line and a switch box.

yeah youd need 4 more valves. but personally, in my truck its not worth doing side to sides,cuz unless you reinforce like everrrything, youll have a new problem coming up every week. also, say if youd wanna bd it, you really cant be doin side to sides in a bd ride lol.

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

2 things I don't like about this truck....... the link set-up and the bags.

other than that, it's easy to fix the other issues like valves.

It seems to have a reversed link set-up. I don't wanna start an argument on link set-ups, but IMO, they aren't the best.

Switch the bags to Slams.

As for the valves, it has 4, get 2 more. I prefer 4 for the front and 2 for the rear. The rear can be up and down. The front would then be set-up for individuale side. It makes it alot easier to adjust lean. And cheaper than 8 valves.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Archived