Sundown Audio

Amp For A 15" Fi Btl

Rocky.ca

I am about to purchase an Fi Audio BTL and I am just wondering what amp you guys would recommend for it. I know it can take a lot more then it is spec'd for. I am a little strapped for cash so I am going to order the stock version of the woofer unless there are any major reasons why I should upgrade certain parts of it. Anyways back to the amplifier part of the question, I am looking to spend no more then $300 ish on it... what do you guys recommend?

PS: Also, would you recommend running the amp at .7 or 1 ohm? (this would also alter the impedance option that i would select when ordering the sub)

Edited by Rocky.ca

to find an amp to power even close to spec for $300 is going to be hard to find unless you can find it reconditioned or on ebay or something. i mean if i were u i would wait (i know its hard) but on shipsound.com they are seling the Rockford T20001bd for $695. thats a great amp for the Fi if u can save some $ for a bit longer.

i agree with loud...you should save up for a nice quality T20001bd it will put out the power needed AND THEN SOME and its a GREAT amp!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

maybe a brutis? they are like 1200 watts and only about 300$

and give the sub half its RMS....nah

he needs something thats at least 2k RMS

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

yea i hear you on that college tuition bro, im in the same boat as you only paying back student loans. you know whats really funny, a few weeks ago i installed the hifonics amp your looking at in my friends jeep, and he bought it from ebay from the same guy. long story short, it wanst brand new and moreover, it did not work. im not trying to turn you on to the rockford but rather warning you about the seller on ebay. jus looking out for a fellow SMD member. umm, as far as power acoustik i have never heard how they sound nor have i ever installed them, so i cant really give you feedback on it, but from what i hear they are pretty decent.