Sundown Audio

Kicker 550.3

OK so i have a kicker 550.3 that is kicking between power and protect like it goes it to protect for about 3 seconds and then go to power for a few seconds pulled the cover off everything seems fine so burn marks or anything on the board, Any clue what could be causing this issue its never seen low voltage, just curious cuz i would like to put this back in my truck, if need be i can get it repaired but anyone have any ideas on what it may be and how much it'll cost to fix?

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

Mmk, well i just drop it by the local amp shop and see what they say im quite illiterate when it comes to the inside of my amps but w.e. no biggie 20 bucks and they will diagnose the problem, hope its a cheap fix if not, gives me a reason to upgrade ;)

1 Dc lvl5 18

Mmk, well i just drop it by the local amp shop and see what they say im quite illiterate when it comes to the inside of my amps but w.e. no biggie 20 bucks and they will diagnose the problem, hope its a cheap fix if not, gives me a reason to upgrade ;)

I have only run kicker for the last few years, First did you buy the amp new from an authorized dealer if so at my local shop they will send the amp to stillwater and they will just ship you a brand new one with all the accesories you got when you bought it new(meaning you now have two sets) and all it cost me as 15 dollars for shipping and took about 2 weeks. Which was good cause 15 dollars is much better than the 600 or so retail, for the zx.1500.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I have only run kicker for the last few years, First did you buy the amp new from an authorized dealer if so at my local shop they will send the amp to stillwater and they will just ship you a brand new one with all the accesories you got when you bought it new(meaning you now have two sets) and all it cost me as 15 dollars for shipping and took about 2 weeks. Which was good cause 15 dollars is much better than the 600 or so retail, for the zx.1500.

Nah i bought it a few years ago when i bought my first setup with a kicker cvr 12, its done good till it did this i just figure ill drop it off this week at the repair shop and hope its not to expensive of a fix

1 Dc lvl5 18

• 1 month later...

Ok i Got to thinking about this and Im pretty sure i figured out what i did wrong, I have 8 ohm Mids and i unhooked everything at one point and start hooking it back up and didnt parralel my mids when i went to hook them back up and then the amp went into protect, could it be that i let the amp see too high of an Impendance and it caused this cuz it did shoot sparks at me when i hooked it up, Could that be the problem, And if so, How difficult of a fix is it? Im pretty good with a soldering iron. :)

1 Dc lvl5 18