Second Skin Audio

What Kind Of Box For These?

For (2) 12"s I would shoot for more around 4 cubic foot net internal volume at the minimum (with all displacements taken into account) .

Also them boxes you fellas are coming up with dont have very much port area . Not even in the 12-16sq in rule of thumb area .

Last thing I notice is the 3" width port being 2x" in length to get your tune is jacking up the Port Length to Port Width ratio . Rule of thumb is to go no higher than what .. 9:1 , I like to stay under 7:1 myself . Yours is around 8.5:1 .

Cliff : Not enough internal volume , not enough port area , port width too narrow .

Try this

33" W

18" H

23" D

4.5" W port

0 on the second port in that re calculator

= plenty of internal volume , plenty of port area , plenty of port with a 5.61:1 ratio .

Even though its tuned a bit higher itll smash them little boxes you fellas where figuring up .

With both subs in the box the net volume would be about 5cuft tuned to right under 35Hz .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

For (2) 12"s I would shoot for more around 4 cubic foot net internal volume at the minimum (with all displacements taken into account) .

Also them boxes you fellas are coming up with dont have very much port area . Not even in the 12-16sq in rule of thumb area .

Last thing I notice is the 3" width port being 2x" in length to get your tune is jacking up the Port Length to Port Width ratio . Rule of thumb is to go no higher than what .. 9:1 , I like to stay under 7:1 myself . Yours is around 8.5:1 .

Cliff : Not enough internal volume , not enough port area , port width too narrow .

Try this

33" W

18" H

23" D

4.5" W port

0 on the second port in that re calculator

= plenty of internal volume , plenty of port area , plenty of port with a 5.61:1 ratio .

Even though its tuned a bit higher itll smash them little boxes you fellas where figuring up .

With both subs in the box the net volume would be about 5cuft tuned to right under 35Hz .

Not sure if it'll fit my trunk with that height in the space I want it to go.