What's up fellas? First a little background info on myself since I am new here then I'll get the install. I am 32 and haven't had a "system" in any of my vehicles since '95. I was heavy into bass back in highschool, I got a fullsize Bronco when I turned 16 and immedietly walled it off with 8-12" L.A. Sound lsfa12 subs running off of 2-Earthquake 2300 amps. I t was loud for back then. After I wrecked the Bronco I had a Chevy Corsica (don't laugh) and I had several different setups in it, the loudest of which were 2-18" crunch subs off of a single Earthquake 2300. After highschool I got out of car audio and thought I would never look back, but I guess if it's in your blood then there is no hope for you. Fastforward to the present, I am married and we have 2 awesome sons, we also do quite a bit of traveling in My Dodge 1500 QuadCab pickup. I wanted to be able to use my ipod in my truck when we go on long trips instead bringing a shit load of cd's so I bought an Eclipse cd player with an Aux input, then I decided to upgrade the door speakers to some mb quarts, then I decided I wanted a little bit of bottom end added to the mix so I began looking for subs. A friend of mine just lost his liscence for a while and had a brand new 10" Kicker 08 L5 solobaric unopened in the box and a new unopened mbquart 1450 mono amp (450w rms), I got the amp and sub from him for a bill. Theres not much room under the rear seats in a QC so I decided to fiberglass the contours of the storage compartmant to take advantage of all possible space. The box has exactly 1 cuft internal and will be sealed. The box still has a little work that needs to be done to it but I hope to have the entire system done in about a week or so. The parameters for this instll are as follows: It needed to be low key (ie. stealth), it needs to be executed in a manner that will in no way interfere with the functionality of the truck, since it is my work truck and daily driver. I know this system doesn't hold a candle to pretty much everything else I have seen on this site so take it easy on me with the, "you should've cut the floor pans out and installed some 18's" mess, JK. I just wanted something that had some bass and sounded better than stock in the mids and highs department as well as allow me to use my ipod. I'll update with more pics as I move forward. airboatpics001-4.jpgIMG_2880.jpgIMG_2879.jpgIMG_2878.jpg

Edited by robster_craws

Thanks, I spent the last couple of weeks looking at forums and installs and there is some crazy stuff out there. When I was into this stuff in the early 90's it was so much more tame than whats out there now. I remember meeting a dude with a blazer called Freddys nightmare, he had 16-15" La sound subs hittin like 156.9 and that was mind boggling back then, now days it seem like you can do that with 4-15's from what I am reading. Anyways, of all the forums I checked out I thought this place was the best.

damn all these ram quadcabs all of the sudden! looks good..props on the glassin!

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

The whole reason I even began this install/upgrade was to be able to listen to my ipod in the truck instead of carrying 500 cd's with me. The Eclipse headunit i installed had a pair of aux inputs. I stopped by my local radio shack and got some chassis mount female rca plugs and wired them up to aux inputs. now i can play off the ipod or plug my kids dvd players into the headunit. all in all i have about 250 bucks in the eclipse cd player, mb Quart front speakers, mbQuart 1450 sub amp and kicker 10" L5 sub. I had the mas epoxy and fiberglass cloth already so including wiring and misc crap I've got around 300 or so in it, not bad considering everything is new. heres some pics of the aux inputs.

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg