BlockShaker Posted May 26, 2009 Report Posted May 26, 2009 A friend of mind has a 2001 Yukon XL w/o onstar and w/o bose. I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio but I don't get any sound. Anyone install a radio this truck before? The factory radio works fine and has only one wiring harness attached to the back. When I plug in the after market it only powers up but I don't get sound unless I wire it directly to a speaker. I would appreciate any help. Its been a while since I've installed anything. BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics MY SET UP: Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner Boyo Back Up Camera Alpine ERA-G320 EQ Apple Mini Ipod Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod Stinger Volt Meter Audiocontrol MVC Precision Power PCX-2400 Precision Power PCX-4125 MB Quart Premium PCE-215 (2 Sets) MB Quart Premium 6 1/2" Mid-Bass JL Audio 15W0-8 ( Stinger Battery Power2 SP1000 (2) Stinger Fuse Blocks, Holders and Distribution Alumapro 15 Farad Cap Stinger 200Amp Relay 100 Blue LEDs (Headliner and Amp Rack) Stinger Hyper RCAs Stinger Wiring- 1/0 GA, 4 GA, 8 GA, 10 GA, 12 GA and 14 GA 5 Blue LED Toggle Switches
thehoe92 Posted May 26, 2009 Report Posted May 26, 2009 that happened to me when I tried it but I have bose so I had to connect the remote turn on and it worked. try that even though you don't have bose. what type of head unit is it? you might have to flick a switch on the head unit I know my Alpine I do. Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
raytard Posted May 26, 2009 Report Posted May 26, 2009 it probably has a bose system, try something like a gmos-11 Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
BlockShaker Posted May 26, 2009 Author Report Posted May 26, 2009 Its an Eclipse CD-3000 and it doesn't have a Bose. BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics MY SET UP: Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner Boyo Back Up Camera Alpine ERA-G320 EQ Apple Mini Ipod Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod Stinger Volt Meter Audiocontrol MVC Precision Power PCX-2400 Precision Power PCX-4125 MB Quart Premium PCE-215 (2 Sets) MB Quart Premium 6 1/2" Mid-Bass JL Audio 15W0-8 ( Stinger Battery Power2 SP1000 (2) Stinger Fuse Blocks, Holders and Distribution Alumapro 15 Farad Cap Stinger 200Amp Relay 100 Blue LEDs (Headliner and Amp Rack) Stinger Hyper RCAs Stinger Wiring- 1/0 GA, 4 GA, 8 GA, 10 GA, 12 GA and 14 GA 5 Blue LED Toggle Switches
j_black10 Posted May 26, 2009 Report Posted May 26, 2009 My co-worker has a 2002 Yukon XL and had the same issue. He doesn't have a Bose system also but there still was a factory amp installed. He had to find the remote wire for it and tap into it so the factory amp would turn on. Also that gmos-11 will work, also will be able to still use the On-Star! AudioControlRockford FosgateXSPower
BlockShaker Posted May 27, 2009 Author Report Posted May 27, 2009 that happened to me when I tried it but I have bose so I had to connect the remote turn on and it worked.try that even though you don't have bose. what type of head unit is it? you might have to flick a switch on the head unit I know my Alpine I do. I found and tapped it into the remote factory wire and everything worked. Thanks for your help. BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics MY SET UP: Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner Boyo Back Up Camera Alpine ERA-G320 EQ Apple Mini Ipod Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod Stinger Volt Meter Audiocontrol MVC Precision Power PCX-2400 Precision Power PCX-4125 MB Quart Premium PCE-215 (2 Sets) MB Quart Premium 6 1/2" Mid-Bass JL Audio 15W0-8 ( Stinger Battery Power2 SP1000 (2) Stinger Fuse Blocks, Holders and Distribution Alumapro 15 Farad Cap Stinger 200Amp Relay 100 Blue LEDs (Headliner and Amp Rack) Stinger Hyper RCAs Stinger Wiring- 1/0 GA, 4 GA, 8 GA, 10 GA, 12 GA and 14 GA 5 Blue LED Toggle Switches
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.