Second Skin Audio

Anyone Ever Put Subs In The Rear Deck?

My buddy has four 10s in his back dash and they sound great. He wanted to keep his trunk free though, so I don't know if it would help or degrade quality having subs in the trunk also...

Here's what we did so you have an idea how to do it: All we did was cut holes in the metal, built three small sealed boxes (due to positioning), used rings to "raise" the sub up to the deck level, cut holes in the dash cover just big enough for the surround and tapered enough to wrap the liner around the subs rubber gasket, and anchored the box to the remaining metal.

It's pretty damn clean on metal and rap, but he had no "rear stage" as far as music. Just his doors.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I have a rear deck in my caddy with two 6x9's the the later model ones with bose I believe they put a 10inch free air speaker in the center for more bass response with bose.... I've compared the two!!! It's sexy mang. Makes me want to do it as well;) I want pics of the finished product!

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Built a new rear deck out of 3/4 mdf for four 10's, single 5x7 in the middle run mono for rear fill, 6.5's in the kicks and another 5x7 for center channel, all mids and highs are Infinity, amps are PPI, Alpine head unit.

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

I have a grill that covers it all, but seldom keep it on. Not a daily driver, so it is usually locked up in my shop if I am not at a show or cruise in.