Sonic Electronix

Is A Battery Isolater A Good Idea Here?

ok, I see alot of systems with a big batt up front and a bigger batt in the back, I havent seen anyone run an isolater yet.....I have one, a 240 amp stinger isolater. I want to keep the bass side of things seperate from my stock batt, so i got it....

I have a stock 140 amp alt, stock batt in the back(my car comes like that). I have a d31a yellow top to run my amp.....

should I just be getting another d31a, or is seperating the charge a good idea.....how come no one else is using isolaters????

I think my question really is....should I be using 2 D31A's and just run everything off the 2 batts....or should I seperate the charge..??..

unless you are planning to play the system with the vehicle off you don't need an isolator. it will limit the available amperage that the combined batteries can discharge at any given point. You will also loose a small amount of your alternators output using the isolator, it isn't much but you already have a small alt so you can't afford to loose much.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived