Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Some Teaser Pics Of My Speaker Wall


Recommended Posts

Posted

Here are some pics that I took over the weekend when I went and seen how my blazer was doing. I'm not sure on how to just post the pics straight from photobucket. Sorry i'm a newbie when it comes to photobucket. Can someone give me a little help We still need to put the face on it that will cover the 6x9 boxes and the batteries. The back won't be down until after scrapin. It will be finish this weekend and I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Let me know what ya'll think of it so far

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/D...urrent=box2.jpg :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/D...t=kickpanel.jpg

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/D...=battery800.jpg

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/D...nt=bassknob.jpg

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Posted

looks like a good start, make sure you end up with a well supported wall, not just a box

use the box2.jpg

battery800.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

The face is going to be made from 1/2" mdf wood and the box is made from 3/4" mdf. I"m not sure on how we are going to to the amps. But I think we are going to try and flush mount the amps behind the speaker box. Still up in the air

digitalvoltmeter.jpg

kickpanel.jpg

box2.jpg

bassknob.jpg

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Posted
looks like a good start, make sure you end up with a well supported wall, not just a box

use the box2.jpg

battery800.jpg

Thanks for giving me the heads up on the photobucket stuff. That helped out alot

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Posted

Here are some updated pics. The box is finally done as far as the front goes. The back still needs to be walled off and sealed. I really like how it came out and its pretty loud. I'm dropping to much voltage right now cause it seems that my amp is power hungry. I have a kinetik 2000 and 800 on it with a 200 amp alternator and everytime it hits low notes it drops to lower than 12 volts and cuts off. Other than that i really like how it came out and the front looks clean enough to me. Let me know what you think. I will try and have a video of it tonight hopefully.

speakerboxcarpeted2.jpg

speakerboxcarpeted.jpg

backofbox.jpg

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Posted

Lookin good bro! Walls are tough that one looked like it came together pretty well with those beauty panels

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

Looks good bro! How does it sound? did you get any vids of it in action?

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

Posted
Looks good bro! How does it sound? did you get any vids of it in action?

No videos yet but i'm hoping I can get some tonight.

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...