Sundown Audio

Hifonics Colossus

what is bandwidth, phase, and subsonics for, some songs hit reall good and some just dont i feel that i might have my amp set up wrong or something, and i dont know where to put these level at??? shit i dont even know what they are for?? Help Anyone???

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

what is bandwidth, phase, and subsonics for, some songs hit reall good and some just dont i feel that i might have my amp set up wrong or something, and i dont know where to put these level at??? shit i dont even know what they are for?? Help Anyone???

anyone help me on this anyone have a hifonics amp

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Jl audio xd 600/6

Built By Audiotistics!

bandwidthi dk

phase is used to delay the hit of the sub, as if it was behind you or in back of an suv.

subsonic is how low of a note u want to play

sold everything

the manual is a good place to start.

im reading mine now. i just bought me a hifonics amp as well.

i jst did and still dont get it!!! dont say much bout it

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Jl audio xd 600/6

Built By Audiotistics!

bandwidthi dk

phase is used to delay the hit of the sub, as if it was behind you or in back of an suv.

subsonic is how low of a note u want to play

the subs are right behind me gots a regular pick up, so the higher subsonic the lower it will hit the note???

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Jl audio xd 600/6

Built By Audiotistics!

Oh shit what does this say....

Subsonic

This setting acts as a low frequency cut off for your system bass reproduction. The point that you set it at cuts off any frequencies from reproduction beyond this point. The 12 o’clock

position is a great starting point. EXAMPLE: If you adjust the Subsonic to 25Hz, the amplifier will not play frequencies below 25Hz but will play frequencies from 25Hz to the chosen Low

Pass frequency.

Bass EQ:

This setting is a fixed bass boost at 45Hz that is variable from 0-12dB for the Txi7508 and 0-10dB for the TXi1008D and TXi1508D. This feature provides impact to your bass, but if not

adjusted correctly, it can be over used and cause damage to your subwoofers and amplifiers. It is best to slowly turn this setting clockwise until the desired punch is felt. It is not

recommended to exceed the 12 o’clock position unless listening at a low volume or a low recording quality as this can result in high distortion and possibly clipping.

Low Pass:

The Low Pass control acts as a ceiling and doesn’t allow frequencies to the right of the desired setting to be reproduced. The 12 o’clock position is a great starting point. EXAMPLE: If you

adjust the Low Pass to 80Hz, the amplifier will not play frequencies above 80Hz but will play frequencies from 80Hz to the chosen Subsonic frequency.

Phase( TXi1008D and TXi1508D only):

The variable Phase adjustment allows you to change the relative time that the waveform meets your ear. With standard subwoofer installations where the subwoofer is behind you, the

Phase should generally be at 0. When subwoofers or woofers are in the kick panels or door panels, the Phase adjustment is useful in delaying the timing of the wave meeting your ear by

adjusting the potentiometer to 180 degrees.

Level Control Setup:

Ensure that the Level is turned completely to the left prior to turning the system on. Next you should insert a CD or cassette that you are familiar with to use as a reference, and turn the

head unit volume control to about 80% of its full setting. The system sound level will of course be very low, and the following procedures will help you to match the amplifier input

sensitivities properly to the head unit output signal level.

It is important to match the amplifier LEVEL input sensitivity to the Radio/CD output sensitivity. This can be located in the Radio/CD manual.

If the Radio/CD output sensitivity is 2 volts, then adjust the amplifier LEVEL input to 2 volts.

If you

Edited by Jeep03

Bandwidth is the freq range that you are going to boost when using the bass boost.

Im not sure what freq their bass boost inhances, but Im going to use 35hz for example.

A wider bandwidth will boost from say 30hz - 40hz. Where as a narrow bandwidth would pretty much just boost 35hz.

Phase - this is for changing the way the woofer hits, and used in strapping amps together. Neither of which I think your doing so leave it at 0. :)

Sub sonic filter - This pretty much limits how low of hz the amp will play/amplify. If your using a sealed box you really dont need to use the subsonic filter, however in a port box you want to adjust the SSF to a few hz below your box tuning (or generally 29-33 hz)

how do you like the amp?????

i need something to push my 2 Jl w7s

how do you like the amp?????

i need something to push my 2 Jl w7s

i love it its a great amp, i love how on da bass knob it tells me when i pre clip, soft clip, and hard clip, its pretty coo, and very power full does rated watts for sure!!!

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Jl audio xd 600/6

Built By Audiotistics!