^^ thats not true all the way... then whenever you use ring terminals ud be loosing alot... current has alot to do with length.... a 1" run of 4g wire can carry a shit ton more than 140a... a 20ft run of 4g tho would not carry it as well

Basically what I was saying was dont cut the wire to make it fit, especially is you only have enough to reach the amp, each strand you cut lowers the current delivered to your amp. so what I meant to say was use 0/1 guage to the back then use a distribution block(which will allow connection of more amps I.E. a highs amp) and from the amp ground run 4 guage from there and ground to dist. block(seperate) and have the main ground a 0/1 wire. I never cut wire to make it fit, it basically IMO turns it into a lesser wire than you started with.

Edit: and use a hydraulic crimper to connect the terminals Cold Fusion FTW!!!

Edit Edit: Pic of cold fusion weld connection

formed.jpg

From Charger's Trooper Build

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

just get 2 reducers, then you wont need any dist blocks and you can just use 1/0 all the way

pac104s.jpg

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

i like this idea. I may go this way. and thanks guys for all the input. Its seems like the i have to ground it with 0/1 gauge no matter what. But if these plugs work, then i wont need any dist blocks. i would use all 0 gauge wire and just use the plugs for the amp connections. (correct me if im wrong).

Team Bass-Hz

i like this idea. I may go this way. and thanks guys for all the input. Its seems like the i have to ground it with 0/1 gauge no matter what. But if these plugs work, then i wont need any dist blocks. i would use all 0 gauge wire and just use the plugs for the amp connections. (correct me if im wrong).

That plug will work fine, and you wont lower the wires ability to flow the current, I say you would be good to go using that.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

Basically what I was saying was dont cut the wire to make it fit, especially is you only have enough to reach the amp, each strand you cut lowers the current delivered to your amp. so what I meant to say was use 0/1 guage to the back then use a distribution block(which will allow connection of more amps I.E. a highs amp) and from the amp ground run 4 guage from there and ground to dist. block(seperate) and have the main ground a 0/1 wire. I never cut wire to make it fit, it basically IMO turns it into a lesser wire than you started with.

sweet picture man!

i get what ur saying but ur picture is proving what im saying... theres less metal in the ring terminal in ur pic... thus that would be the same as just cutting the wire that goes into the amp right... ur reducing the amount of metal to make a connection but because its such a small part... 1" it can still carry the current

the reducers look sexxy tho... my vote is for the cleaner look... i did it the ghetto way when i was cheap and just snipped the wires a bit... same amount of currrent flows with either using the reducers or cutting the wire a bit to fit

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sweet picture man!

i get what ur saying but ur picture is proving what im saying... theres less metal in the ring terminal in ur pic... thus that would be the same as just cutting the wire that goes into the amp right... ur reducing the amount of metal to make a connection but because its such a small part... 1" it can still carry the current

the reducers look sexxy tho... my vote is for the cleaner look... i did it the ghetto way when i was cheap and just snipped the wires a bit... same amount of currrent flows

I see what you are saying, I guess that is pretty correct, I guess snipping the wires a bit would yield about the same current drop as if you were to use a dist. block, I was just saying a dist block cause who knows when your gonna wanna add a mid/highs amp, and if you did you would already have it set-up to hook up another amp.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ