Crump Posted June 3, 2009 Report Posted June 3, 2009 Firstly the person who installed them did a jank job so i am not saying anything about the brand, but the installer. I wouldve done it, but i had just had surgery and wanted them done before spring break ended. ANYWAY, my Mb Quart 5 1/4" components (set for rear and set for front) just dont have enough bass in them. When i dont have my sub turned on all i hear is highs, which i think sound good. SO i am switching to 2 RF Punch 6x8 components. so 4 mids and 8 tweets. I will matt around the doors and have a foam surround to protect them. Do you think i will notice a difference in the midbass because of the cone area? or will i be spending my money for nothing. (oh and it will be off a Rf P-400-4 or T-400-4) Thanks Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
mxman38 Posted June 3, 2009 Report Posted June 3, 2009 cant say for sure but i do know my power 6x9's rattled my mirror with mid bass.
Crump Posted June 3, 2009 Author Report Posted June 3, 2009 cant say for sure but i do know my power 6x9's rattled my mirror with mid bass. Well my stocked 6x8's powered by the head unit shook my outside mirrors a tiny bit, and i hope it'll be the same with these but better becuase of 3x more wattage. Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
Guest KyleCannon Posted June 3, 2009 Report Posted June 3, 2009 My buddy has the Focal 690CVX those things absolutely rape! I love them.
thehoe92 Posted June 3, 2009 Report Posted June 3, 2009 try putting some sound deadener behind the ones you have first because I got a lot more mid bass out of my bose after I did that. then if you aren't satisfied upgrade... Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
Crump Posted June 4, 2009 Author Report Posted June 4, 2009 try putting some sound deadener behind the ones you have first because I got a lot more mid bass out of my bose after I did that.then if you aren't satisfied upgrade... nah im just gonna upgrade with the deadener, cuz the person who installed them pretty much half assed everywhere possible, doubling my work at every aspect to upgrade. Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.