Bought To Switch Mids N High Brands

Crump

Firstly the person who installed them did a jank job so i am not saying anything about the brand, but the installer. I wouldve done it, but i had just had surgery and wanted them done before spring break ended. ANYWAY, my Mb Quart 5 1/4" components (set for rear and set for front) just dont have enough bass in them. When i dont have my sub turned on all i hear is highs, which i think sound good. SO i am switching to 2 RF Punch 6x8 components. so 4 mids and 8 tweets. I will matt around the doors and have a foam surround to protect them. Do you think i will notice a difference in the midbass because of the cone area? or will i be spending my money for nothing.

(oh and it will be off a Rf P-400-4 or T-400-4) Thanks

cant say for sure but i do know my power 6x9's rattled my mirror with mid bass.

Well my stocked 6x8's powered by the head unit shook my outside mirrors a tiny bit, and i hope it'll be the same with these but better becuase of 3x more wattage.

try putting some sound deadener behind the ones you have first because I got a lot more mid bass out of my bose after I did that.

then if you aren't satisfied upgrade...

nah im just gonna upgrade with the deadener, cuz the person who installed them pretty much half assed everywhere possible, doubling my work at every aspect to upgrade.

Archived