Adding Batteries And Big 3

Im starting my wall build and need to add some batteries to the mix. How do i do so? I also heard you cant mix audio grade batteries with regular batteries so i just plan on adding a marine deep cell and stuff. Do i need a isolator? I want to run power from front and ground it in the back.

Also i plan on doing the big 3 in knukonconceptz 1/0 do i need to put a fuse inbetween alt and battery positive? Am i missing anything important just mention it. thanks

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280 as for the battery isolater no you dont need it, it charges one battery at a time, i believe so its not a necesity. If you wanna charge your rear batt turn your system off and let your car run for a little bit.

Is the marine deep cell battery a good idea for now until i switch to kenetic? and isolator good or bad idea. Is it true you cant mix batteries?

I would go kinetik in the back, an isolater isnt needed but i dont think its a bad or a good idea. Its your choice, and i have an optima in front and a kinetik in back. my voltage stays about 14 lowest 13.7-8 full tilt. But you cant go wrong with a kinetik in front and in back

I would go kinetik in the back, an isolater isnt needed but i dont think its a bad or a good idea. Its your choice, and i have an optima in front and a kinetik in back. my voltage stays about 14 lowest 13.7-8 full tilt. But you cant go wrong with a kinetik in front and in back

What size factory alt do you have i only have a 105 amp alt until my dc power 275amp in a few months. I plan on getting kinetik's later down the road. I just dont want to dip too low with voltage on my 2000d. Im only going to run it 2 ohm so like 1000 rms. I hope it doesnt pull much current. Anyone on here chime in are sundowns power hungury? And add a fuse to inbetween alt and bat +? is it manditory?

Edited by fis10

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

What size factory alt do you have i only have a 105 amp alt until my dc power 275amp in a few months. I plan on getting kinetik's later down the road. I just dont want to dip too low with voltage on my 2000d. Im only going to run it 2 ohm so like 1000 rms. I hope it doesnt pull much current. Anyone on here chime in are sundowns power hungury? And add a fuse to inbetween alt and bat +? is it manditory?

I have about 100-115 amp alt *not sure* My friends getting that Sundown 2000 and a RF 4 channel. Hes going to have optima in front Kinetik 1800 in back stock alt. So im sure youll be fine

I have about 100-115 amp alt *not sure* My friends getting that Sundown 2000 and a RF 4 channel. Hes going to have optima in front Kinetik 1800 in back stock alt. So im sure youll be fine

Okay your talking about slappaho with the malibu? The sundown is only rated at 2000rms but was seen doin 2600 at 1ohm.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Okay your talking about slappaho with the malibu? The sundown is only rated at 2000rms but was seen doin 2600 at 1ohm.

no he doesnt have a sundown, my friend is getting a sundown 2000, rated 2000 watts at 12.8 volts i think. So about 14 volts would be 2500 watts? but hes gonna keep his stock alt.

I don't think you will need to run a fuse between alt and bat +. Not mandatory at all. But i would definitely wait till your alt comes in before you push it. I was pushin a crunch 3000k on my stock alt, fried that shit in a day =(. Now i have that mechman 250 alt and running 2k (about 2200 actually).

likewealwaysbanner.jpg

doindadomodance.gif