Second Skin Audio

How Much Of A 45 To Add

my box after dissplacments is 8.40 the .40 has put my tuning to low around 29.75hz i need to be at 8cubes and around 31 to 32hz ill be adding a 45 degree

at the back of the port it will be around 7"x 34.5" will this be to much of a 45 and my port is 4"x25"x21.5"deep can someone help the box is 14.5Hx34.5Wx34.5D inside messurments

Edited by fast85_gt

unless you are doing some hardcore SPL (and looking at your tuning, your not) you wont notice the difference between those frequencies. I have seen weather changes effect frequencies more than that.

i always 45 the woofer side of the enclosure, but like ^^^^said, add some bracing. How much does this woofer displace??

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

Adding a 45 to the inside of your port corner will not lower the volume of enclosure the woofer will see. It sounds like you need to bust out some 2x4 bracing to eat up a few tenths of a cubic foot

yep adding it will actually keep the port size consistent(sp)

American Bass*DC Power

unless you are doing some hardcore SPL (and looking at your tuning, your not) you wont notice the difference between those frequencies. I have seen weather changes effect frequencies more than that.

i always 45 the woofer side of the enclosure, but like ^^^^said, add some bracing. How much does this woofer displace??

each woffer dissplaces .31 then its dbl baffel and i dont know how mch the extra baffel takes up and i have alot of braceing in there an on the calc. it says if i add a 8" 45 to the woffer side oppisit of port opening it will take up .44cf but will that be to big of 45 but it will get me closer to 8 cubes and 32hz please help

well instead of just angling the one side, and all the corners.

i normally use 4" pvc and cut it in quarters screw it into place, then use duraglass to smooth the edges

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)