Second Skin Audio

Grand Prix '97-'03 Body Style, 2 15s Do-able?

Take measurements of your trunk and calculate the volume in the trunk from there.

CLARIFICATION EDIT: What I did for the trunk of my '96 when calculating trunk space was I split the trunk into two rectangular parts (thats just how it ended up; try dividing the trunk into rectangular parts to make it easier to calculate) then find the length, width and height of each rectangle. multiply LxWxH to get volume, then combine them together and thats the maximum volume you can get from the trunk, barring displacements and added volume from the spare well, the deadspace around the wheel wells, et cetera...

did u read my first post of the thread? i dont actually have this car. this is the car that i want to buy when i get my money together. ive had one before but i crashed it, so i have a rough picture in my head of how big the trunk is, but i dont have it to go out and measure.

well if it comes to it i might just end up doing that. after all, if i build the box into the trunk, i wont be able to get the spare tire out anyways so i might as well take it out

Runflats FTW!!!!!!!!

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

well if it comes to it i might just end up doing that. after all, if i build the box into the trunk, i wont be able to get the spare tire out anyways so i might as well take it out

What you could do is make a space in the trunk for your spare. Footlongsam has a build with such a space for a spare. His build log is here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...3085&st=100 Pics with the spare are on page five. You may be able to do something like that and maybe even use the spare well for more airspace.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see that part about not having the car in first post. =(

I bet you could ask someone on here who has one to measure it though, or go to a dealer and measure an example like the one you want.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

is it duable?yes.but just that like everyone states you wont have that much trunk space left i have 2 15s in my trunk in my 01 grand prix but i dont like it as the subs that i have need a ported box so im just goin to down grade to 2 12s should sound louder since im goin from sealed to ported.just save your self the headache and get 2 12s so that way you have room to put in the extra stuff that you need. and belive me i think its harder to fit in 2 15s in a trunk then 2 12s cause the box will be smaller cause DAMN i hate having to take out the subs and they are a BEEZY to do it.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

is it duable?yes.but just that like everyone states you wont have that much trunk space left i have 2 15s in my trunk in my 01 grand prix but i dont like it as the subs that i have need a ported box so im just goin to down grade to 2 12s should sound louder since im goin from sealed to ported.just save your self the headache and get 2 12s so that way you have room to put in the extra stuff that you need. and belive me i think its harder to fit in 2 15s in a trunk then 2 12s cause the box will be smaller cause DAMN i hate having to take out the subs and they are a BEEZY to do it.

shit well incase anybody was confused, i ment 2 15s PORTED. not sealed. thinking 6.5 - 7 cubes minimum...

shit well incase anybody was confused, i ment 2 15s PORTED. not sealed. thinking 6.5 - 7 cubes minimum...

Well, grizzly, it looks like you got your work cut out for you. 2-15's ported? all i can say is good luck buddy. That's alot of work trying to get that big of a box in that tiny opening. A guy told me at the local shops is that you would have to build inside the trunk and that was for some huge 12's. Anyone else can help this guy out? I want to know too!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

how loud are you wanting to be? the grand prix i did with two tens is fuggin loud. he does a 145@38hz on a tl

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Well i just did my cousins Grand Prix its an '01. I put 2 12s in the trunk they have a ported box and he has plenty of room left.

Car: 2003 Lincoln Town Car

Subs: 2 MTX 8512-44

Amp: MTX TA7801

Power: Stock Alt/Battery

Wire: 0 Gauge Stinger Power/Ground

HU: Dual XDVD8181 7" Monitor

Other: 2 Farad Power Acoustik Power Cap

Automotive Technician at Bryden Motors, Beloit WI

Well i just did my cousins Grand Prix its an '01. I put 2 12s in the trunk they have a ported box and he has plenty of room left.

What kind of subs did you use? I know my 12's for a ported box like about 2.5-3Cubic FT. per sub.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

how loud are you wanting to be? the grand prix i did with two tens is fuggin loud. he does a 145@38hz on a tl

as loud as i can get lol. a 150 would be nice. the reason i am insisting on 2 15s is cuz thats what i already have. and id rather hold on to them and use them instead of trying to sell them to get 12s. i guess if i have to build the box in the trunk i can deal with it. never done that before... but i guess theres a first time for everything.