Sonic Electronix

You could burp it that low but your better score will be higher. In my Ford Contour it was loudest at 57. My crx likes 54.

What you want to burp at depends on your cars frequency and the box.

Best thing to do if you don't know is play a sweep for comps.

Then if you want to get serious take a single 10 in a sealed box and play tones and see what your cars freq is at and have some one who knows boxes well design a box according to that. For competing that is.

i mean if your burping by like lowering your ohm load, then you would need to tune it higher, but if your burping with the right amount of power your sub should be seeing, then your fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

You could burp it that low but your better score will be higher. In my Ford Contour it was loudest at 57. My crx likes 54.

What you want to burp at depends on your cars frequency and the box.

Best thing to do if you don't know is play a sweep for comps.

Then if you want to get serious take a single 10 in a sealed box and play tones and see what your cars freq is at and have some one who knows boxes well design a box according to that. For competing that is.

I have a termlab at my disposal, figuring out my hz shouldn't be a prob, but would building a removable port be worth it then to get the higher hz to burp in a comp?

Edited by Darksideofsound

As long as you don't go below box tuning buy more than a few hertz I think you should be alright.

My next box will have a removable port. Plus all thread and nuts for the speaker wires so I can change ohm loads and tuning at will.

Edited by alvitae

As long as you don't go below box tuning buy more than a few hertz I think you should be alright.

My next box will have a removable port. Plus all thread and nuts for the speaker wires so I can change ohm loads and tuning at will.

ok, I wasn't going to change my ohm load, it is running at 2ohms now, and was going to keep it at that load even at the higher hz......

If i change it to 1ohm, and burp with a higher hz, can or will my subs be able to withstand 1ohm easier at the higher hz? cause i'm 2600rms at 2ohm, and it will be 5200rms at 1ohm.... subs are 2500rms a piece....I have 2.

Edited by Darksideofsound

Your burp freq. depends on your cars freq. My box is tuned to 33 hz, I peak at 40hz. You need to find the freq. of your car and build a box around 8Hz lower and that should give you the highest numbers. If I tried to burp at 60Hz I would be down 4 to 5 db's. Getting high numbers has nothing to with where you "think" you should burp at. Its all about where your car wants to burp at. Testing and more testing and then learning from the testing is the only way the get good numbers. Example of all this... I hit a 147.1 with a little over 1600 watts at a burp freq. of 40Hz.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

^x2..mine's tuned to a hair under 31Hz but my loudest is around 41-42Hz...

Team Tupperware

<First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>
(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .667
12.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)
Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman

Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)
(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)
4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : )

"stfu about scores and float $hit..."