Tiny Japanese Car Sx 18" Subwoofer

Maybe that will mean less reinforcement issues huh?

That's pretty much the only difference I can foresee at this point. I've built boxes out of particle board before which is hard as hell like oak & they turned out nice & loud & held together nice.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Another question is, I just got my dimensions out of the car and it looks like I am going to have to do a box where the front is angled back and the back is angled forward. Is there a box design out there where I can do that with a slot port involved?

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Another question is, I just got my dimensions out of the car and it looks like I am going to have to do a box where the front is angled back and the back is angled forward. Is there a box design out there where I can do that with a slot port involved?

I'd almost start thinking about some prefabbed aeroports if I were in your shoes. You're saying your box would kinda look like this:

\ /

Bottom

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I am assuming I will want a tune with aero ports to about 34 or 35 hz. Does anyone know how many aero ports I will need and maybe some cu. ft. requirements for a tune like that?

Now that there are two threads dedicated to getting this thing going. Here is the link to the box designs I like. I would like to go with a square port going down from the top into the middle with the sub facing the rear and both front and rear angled. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=5543

I need a little help on how big to make the port. I will post up some dimensions later on what amount of space I have to work with.

You know what...Screw it. I am just going to build a big ass box and set it in the back seat and not use the seat. 7.434 cubes and tune to 34.89hz.

Archived