Tiny Japanese Car Sx 18" Subwoofer

Hello everyone. As you know I am in the Marine Corps and I am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan. Well they finally gave me a license and I went out and bought a small turbo car. It is a Toyota Starlet GT Turbo 1.3L 1993 model.

Posted Image

I bought the car with full intent to wall it off and take out the back seat for four fifteens. Well everyone and their brother talked me out of it since I get out of the Corps in six months and they say that it will not be worth it to do and sell right when I get done. So I figured I would settle for something else that will slam hard here. So I am currently in transaction with Nick formerly known as Cloak559 here on the site working for Ray at Superior Sound.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=4719

I am going to put the SX 18 with the X file amplifier he is selling to me in this tiny car and hopefully will be able to make some videos of it and have a good time in the process. I will keep you guys posted on the project and it will be probably the beginning of April before I get started. I am just clueing you guys in. I am going to Thailand on the 18th until the 30th. Hopefully the sub and amp will be here by the first week of April and I will be able to take some pics and get started. I will need a huge capacitor. The alternator will only put out 95 amps, and I am not buying a million batteries. I don't really care about voltage issues or anything. It is just a toy. ha ha. Opinions please.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

I'm glad you said no opinions...haha I was all set to type out a mini-rant against the phrases "i need a huge capacitor" and "i dont care about voltage issues."

That lil thing looks fun to drive man! Nice

PS: Thanks for servin the country out there! I can't wait to see some more progress on your Exploder when you get back.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I'm glad you said no opinions...haha I was all set to type out a mini-rant against the phrases "i need a huge capacitor" and "i dont care about voltage issues."

That lil thing looks fun to drive man! Nice

PS: Thanks for servin the country out there! I can't wait to see some more progress on your Exploder when you get back.

I am just doing my time like I think everyone should. Thanks. You know what...It's cool. I will change it for your ranting pleasure. I need constructive criticism. Please rant on. :)

Sweet car for a daily beater - almost looks Subaru-ish. You gonna bring it back with you when you get out, or is it a overseas car for life?? Military hand me down style.. (I have an s-10 like that)

And... Skip the cap, look into the alt. situation, they have to make at least a 120-150 for it, just might take some research to find compatible part #'s and what not. Big wire plus a nice battery in the front plus one in the back you'll be pimp!!!! :lol: :lol:

Semper Fi bro.. From the AF anyways.....

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

IMO if your not going to care about voltage you will not push that big'ol 18 much. A cap is not gona help your situation your better off researching to up grade the alt. If thats not an option then atleast run 1 additional battery

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

IMO if your not going to care about voltage you will not push that big'ol 18 much. A cap is not gona help your situation your better off researching to up grade the alt. If thats not an option then atleast run 1 additional battery

Man - That's what I said........

Just close the door on the whole cap idea. You'll get nothing but grief from everyone here..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

With that amp, you can get away with a battery in back and maybe an upgraded batt under the hood...1000wrms isnt gonna kill your charging system....

On another note, cant wait to see that build man. Your definately gonna be in the 145+ range...

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

Yes, that car has mad space inside. More than you would think. I don't think I will be bringing it back though. It would cost too much money. So I will have to settle for just some good memories ha ha. I think I might go the other route. Do you guys think replacing the stock battery with a yellow top and running an extra yellow top in the rear will do ok? No cap. I cannot afford to buy any more Kinetiks right now. Besides like I said, this is not my baby. My baby is my avatar pic. Also, I did all kinds of research and stuff on the alternator and found nothing. Do you think maybe I should go to a junk yard and get one here and mail it to Iraggi and let Dominick build me one?

Also everyone...I am not a cap guy. I just figured it would not hurt to do it for 6 months. There is no cap in my Exploda.

Yes, that car has mad space inside. More than you would think. I don't think I will be bringing it back though. It would cost too much money. So I will have to settle for just some good memories ha ha. I think I might go the other route. Do you guys think replacing the stock battery with a yellow top and running an extra yellow top in the rear will do ok? No cap. I cannot afford to buy any more Kinetiks right now. Besides like I said, this is not my baby. My baby is my avatar pic. Also, I did all kinds of research and stuff on the alternator and found nothing. Do you think maybe I should go to a junk yard and get one here and mail it to Iraggi and let Dominick build me one?

Also everyone...I am not a cap guy. I just figured it would not hurt to do it for 6 months. There is no cap in my Exploda.

Dont go yellow tops, imho Optima batteries are not all theyre hyped up to be. If you have enough foor for a yellowtop under the hood, I would suggest you get a Kinetik HC-1800 and be done with it. Like I said, that amp isnt going to drain your electical system very bad...wont pull more than 70-80amps. No need for a second battery(unless you want to get like a small HC-600)...I had a 60amp maxi fuse on my power run and it never popped.

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

Archived