What Size Fuse For Big 3?

Ok im doing the big 3 this week in my 2000 cavalier with a alternater size of 105 amps. I heard you need to put a fuse inbetween the alt and battery positive. For the 1/0 runs the the amps im using 200 amp anl fuses. I looked around for a answer couldnt find one so i posted this. Can i just not have a fuse?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Ok im doing the big 3 this week in my 2000 cavalier with a alternater size of 105 amps. I heard you need to put a fuse inbetween the alt and battery positive. For the 1/0 runs the the amps im using 200 amp anl fuses. I looked around for a answer couldnt find one so i posted this. Can i just not have a fuse?

only answer i know is in the wiring guide thats pinned

and as for not having it fused well stock my wire from alt to battle was not fused and i did the big 3 with 2 gauge and left it un fused so it won't hurt not having a fuse just need to watch out as to not have the wire short out if not fused all i can say

only answer i know is in the wiring guide thats pinned

and as for not having it fused well stock my wire from alt to battle was not fused and i did the big 3 with 2 gauge and left it un fused so it won't hurt not having a fuse just need to watch out as to not have the wire short out if not fused all i can say

Yeah i looked at the wiring guide but i think it just notes the biggest fuse recommend for that particular wire size. I think since im runing a 103 amp alt a 150-200 amp fuse would be fine. Just checkin tho to make sure.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

should be fine ya and still have safety net incase it does ever short.

that why you were getting wire from steve? lucky bastard lol would love to dig thru his scrap bin

I didnt get anything from steve... I pay for all my stuff lol.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I didnt get anything from steve... I pay for all my stuff lol.

i might be wrong but wasn't it you in his is lastest video? with the civic and he lets you? drive the hoe?

if it was i thought he said you got some wire out of the scrap bin? lol i don't know i might just need my hearing and eyes checked :fool:

i might be wrong but wasn't it you in his is lastest video? with the civic and he lets you? drive the hoe?

if it was i thought he said you got some wire out of the scrap bin? lol i don't know i might just need my hearing and eyes checked :fool:

Nope. Id love to get a demo someday tho... Let alone go though the scrap bin it would be like a bunch of seagulls on a french fri lol.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

That was thehoe92 in that vid

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.