Second Skin Audio

Would This Be Good

I was thinkking of upgrading my system to a DC lvl 5 18 would running off a kenwood kac x1r until i can afford a bigger amp and i was wondering about what box size i need and port size and length. i would like somethhing along this design of box. sorry its drawn on paint but im not that good with sketch up yet.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

wayy to small of an amp, have any demensions on the box?

i know its a small amp its only temp until i can afford a bigger one. and it can be 37 wide 26 long and i think 24 high if need be i can use the tire tub too. i was just wondering what size box i should use after disp. and port size and tuning

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

unless you are gonna run about 4000 watts to it, run a 4XL, cuts weigh down on the weight. Box size, 7-8 cubes. Box wall thickness needs to be triple 3/4" board, baffle should be 4 layers thick. this is an extreme woofer, both in weight and in output capabilites.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

unless you are gonna run about 4000 watts to it, run a 4XL, cuts weigh down on the weight. Box size, 7-8 cubes. Box wall thickness needs to be triple 3/4" board, baffle should be 4 layers thick. this is an extreme woofer, both in weight and in output capabilites.

so i need triple walls and a quad baffle?!? no way. bills has 2 15's with single walls and a doulbe baffle. and he used bracing inside but not triple walls! and its only for a daily setup im not going in comps so when i get a bigger amp its inly gonna be like 2500wrms not 4000+

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

Archived