What Would You Do?

Which would you do?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you do?

• 4x 15s
    • 6x 12s
    • 8x 10s
    • 8x 8s

I would go with the 8's.. Never fails to amaze me when you hear a loud a$$ truck and find out its only 8's.. Not to many people know that its not really the size of your woofers but the cone area they yield. Oh ya and power.

2 cents....

Also my son pulled a 129 with a tone, off a set of 8" Rockford Fosgate p1's with 100watts on each. Not a huge number but a starting point/refference, so 8 of any 8" with a lot more power should be nice...

3 cents.....

Edited by sodfamily

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

the autotek mx5000--only makes like-1200watts x 2--at 1ohm =2400watts thats like 300rms ea sub all i had was two batcap 300 and a 130amp alt i did not have a problem at all with keeping the volts up-- had a set of 6.5'' comp's in ea door off a -ppi-pc 2150--it was very loud--the box was --10cf--before port and bracing-- i think i had like 8.6cf net

the autotek mx5000--only makes like-1200watts x 2--at 1ohm =2400watts thats like 300rms ea sub all i had was two batcap 300 and a 130amp alt i did not have a problem at all with keeping the volts up-- had a set of 6.5'' comp's in ea door off a -ppi-pc 2150--it was very loud--the box was --10cf--before port and bracing-- i think i had like 8.6cf net

Ah ic..my bad..Didnt bother to look it up lol. But yeah im still deciding. This build is more for the "wow" factor. I mean lets face it.. no matter what 8" subs..10" subs..12" subs..when im using 8-10 of them its gonna be loud. But which will turn more heads when they see what it is. Id like to use 8s but not sure wut to use. And i still want my system to be able to get down low and rumble. The 10 10s idea seems bullet proof in all aspects at this point..until i figure out how to properly brace the box.

Maybe 8x Kicker l5 8" subs..I think they take around 300rms each. Little more cone area than normal 8s but still 8s and should be able to handle 2400 watts. Maybe get a AQ2200

Itd be fun when someone asks what kinda sound you have.. "Oh i got a few 10s in the back" ..Then just watch their face when they realize you have 10 of them.

Edited by kfx450r