Second Skin Audio

Sketchup Help/tips

ok so im trying to learn how to build boxes on ketchup and its not really lookin that great.... i built an enclosure and it looks fine but definately not like the ones ive seen on here... the walls are paper thin and i cant get the measurements exact.... they are always a fraction off....

i started by making a rectangle and used the pushpull to make it the correct height..... am i doing this wrong.... can anybody tell me how to do this? or is there a tutorial for making subwoofer enclosures on sketchup?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ok so im trying to learn how to build boxes on ketchup and its not really lookin that great.... i built an enclosure and it looks fine but definately not like the ones ive seen on here... the walls are paper thin and i cant get the measurements exact.... they are always a fraction off....

i started by making a rectangle and used the pushpull to make it the correct height..... am i doing this wrong.... can anybody tell me how to do this? or is there a tutorial for making subwoofer enclosures on sketchup?

i always just type in what i want it say push/pull click on push or pull it just little bit and just type like 3/4 or .75 and hit enter and it goes to that size same with lines and stuff just type in the lenght and hit enter on for things that have 2 sides like square or what ever it would be 30, 30 then enter. i just played around with it befor i start to build anything with it myself cuz i didn't see much help learning it

ok cool... i see how to do that now... how do i build the vertical walls? do i build them to the side and then move them? or buld them on the bottom piece? im trying to piddle around with it but im not getting very far...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

ok cool... i see how to do that now... how do i build the vertical walls? do i build them to the side and then move them? or buld them on the bottom piece? im trying to piddle around with it but im not getting very far...

what i do for side walls is just build the 2d (paper thin) wall going up the push/pull it to the thickness i want or build the outline on the base of the box to lenght and thickness and pull it up to the height i want this way doesn't work for angled side peice tho, for angle i use the first way and just build the wall up to its height and thickness and pull it to the lenght i need, i'm sure theres a better way of doing it, i know you can build peice and move them into place i think i just never figured out how to do it yet

i'm kinda in same boat as you still learning what all i can do with it and figuring stuff out but i how i can be of atleast a little help :)

ok im figuring it out... but its got me pissed now... ive got the bottom piece and 3 sides but when i do the fourth side it completes the box by putting a top piece on it for me, so i erase the top piece and try to push pull the fourth side and it just sucks that piece into the box 3/4" instead of making the wood thick.... plus when i try to make the top piece it put its on the inside of the walls instead of letting me place it on top of the box... it wont let me make it 30 x 35

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

bump... any advice?

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=40479&hl

after reading this i could make these. It doesnt cover everything but it will get ya started

clarionboxwithraisedletteringtop.jpg

boxfor2HDC318s.jpg

attempt3final.jpg

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

it says the address is not valid when i click the link... but that last pic is basically what im trying to do.... btw how do i take a screen shot? i cant get it to quit sucking the boards in when i do the push pull....

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.