SQMonte Posted June 13, 2009 Report Posted June 13, 2009 I need to put my subs in my trunk firing into the back seat so I know i'm going to have some cancellation due to the sound waves being out of phase. Does the phase alignment feature help out with this issue and if so will it be a very noticeable difference or would it be night and day better to simply arrange the subs in the trunk in a manner that will result in better phase alignment? I just don't want to lose my whole trunk and don't want to induce any more vibrations/rattling than there's already going to be. I've never really played around with phase alignment on a deck or amp before so forgive my ignorance. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Hugh G. Rection Posted June 13, 2009 Report Posted June 13, 2009 phase alignment on the amp is only gonna affect channel / channel alignment, or completely reversing the phase. the phase alignment you are wanting to work with would have to be sorted out with the enclosure design. Owner of BigAss Ports
SQMonte Posted June 13, 2009 Author Report Posted June 13, 2009 phase alignment on the amp is only gonna affect channel / channel alignment, or completely reversing the phase. the phase alignment you are wanting to work with would have to be sorted out with the enclosure design.gotcha....so much for that ideaI guess i'm just gonna have to listen to it in both positions and see which one I'd rather have and go from there. I'm big on planning, so to have unknowns gets to me sometimes but I've been in car audio long enough to know that sometimes you just gotta improvise. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.