Sonic Electronix

I looked into alot of stuff about it when i was in psychology and wrote a paper on hearing damage and subwoofers. I couldnt find anything really but I did find out that we hear notes from 20,000hz to 20hz and that means that the hairs in your ear move 20,000 times for a high pitched noise and only 20 for a deep deep sound. This is why high pitched noises are worse for us because if a loud noise moving only 20 times isnt as bad as shaking a couple thousand times.

I still wonder about it though because I also read something that a doctor wrote up about deep noises and the effects on the brain. They were talking about in war but with how hard we are hitting I dont think there will be much of a difference when we are older. It said that the part of your brain (sorry i cant remember the name but it is the part in the back of your head that controls your "fight or light" reactions is affected. It says that the bombs in war are affecting soldiers later on in life causing anger problems and depression.

I am not to sure about that but I do feel like the fight or flight part of your brain. This part controls adrenalin and endorphin output. Supposedly when a granade close by goes off(or your subs drop in our case) it shakes your brain just enough for it to release adrenalin and endorphins which give you the almost high feeling from systems. This is supposedly addicting also. Maybe that's why we keep stepping our systems up lol.

There is no actual information to back this up this is just some shit I started wondering about after one to many black and milds if you know what I mean... I have been worried more about the out come of our brains more than ears if bass does what it does to our cars and trucks what is it doing to our insides...I dont want to have a brain hemorrhage at 50 because of a nasty system when I was younger. lol guess we will have to hope for the best because I love it and I gotta get my fix everyday son lol KEEP EM BANGIN :spiteful:

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

I am not to sure about that but I do feel like the fight or flight part of your brain. This part controls adrenalin and endorphin output. Supposedly when a granade close by goes off(or your subs drop in our case) it shakes your brain just enough for it to release adrenalin and endorphins which give you the almost high feeling from systems. This is supposedly addicting also. Maybe that's why we keep stepping our systems up lol.

Interesting.

^^^^very interesting indeed! This gives the Bass junkie term a whole new meaning because you actually do get addicted to bass, no wonder we always step up on our system until there is no more room in the car lol! :) and when you think about it, it makes sense that 20 000 hertz hurts alot more than 20 hertz, it vibrates your ear drum 1000 times more. As stated earlier in this thread, SPL will mess up your brain way before your ears.

But I think it is really cool that someone actually gave a more scientific answer that actually confirms what bass does to your ears and brain, thanks! :) Because we do want to keep our hearing so we can listen to our systems and not step it up because we can`t hear our system because of hearing loss LOL ;)

Thanks DeepsplJeep! :drinks:

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

:rofl: x2!!

i asked him the same thing long time ago

there was or is a video on youtube with those guys in a room,......well lets just say you gotta see the whole thing,id hate to have that video on my social profile for life....

ive been listening to loud music all my life,hafta take a dot physical every 4 yrs and my hearing is perfect...

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Archived