i think it has more to do with the person... my van clears a 145.7 and i have never had my vision go blurry... but when my homie is in the van he is always bitchin about how his vision get blurry... i think it has more to do with the size of your melon then how many dbs your pushing... but that's just my .02

i think it has more to do with the size of your melon then how many dbs your pushing... but that's just my .02

My mellon is huge, so more surface area = more blurr?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i have been in some systems that did mid 140's and almost 150 and i have never had blurred vision. I have however been choked on sprite when the bastards would turn it up while i was drinking it but not been to were i couldnt see, not yet at least

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

i have been in some systems that did mid 140's and almost 150 and i have never had blurred vision. I have however been choked on sprite when the bastards would turn it up while i was drinking it but not been to were i couldnt see, not yet at least

I don't mean like unable to see at all, just like trying to read stuff a little down the road while driving and bassin, somebody else has got to know what I'm talking about.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

the only time i have had it blurred where you couldnt read anything and spinning rims looked like a fan in a strobe light was with 3 T2 15's and it was about 155 db.

2 Rockford T2 15's in 8.5 cu ft box

1 Rockford T30001bd

1 Eclipse XA4000 4 channel

1 Rockford T162S component

1 Rockford T1693C

I get LOTS OF VISION blurr during a bassline. Its almost impossible to read any small signs. And it makes ur nose tingle really bad. I have a TV in my garage and if im listening to some bass and try watching it, its the tripiest thing. The hole Tv moves side to side about 6 inches and everything is super wavy lol. I wish i camera could pick that up its insane. So mazda i understand exactly what your saying.

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

I've never really had any sort of vision blur...It's seemed like I have, but it's just the mirrors shaking that tricks me into thinking my eyes are shaking. And it's hard to breathe in my car, so it's not like it's not hitting hard.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall