Spl Level

OK so I haven't been to an SPL sho since 1998 and I have no idea how loud any of my cars have ben. The car I had then was doing 129 or so and all my cars since then have been progressively louder. I am going to go to the show in Van Nuys on July 18th but I don't even know what class to be in. Right now I am running the following:

Zapco 9.0 to 2 MTX 9500's ported firing up into the rear deck and ported up- the deck has been blown open and is not completely sealed but very close.

Zapco 4.0 th Focal 3 way setup

Pioneer head

Zapco EQ for 16v out

I have nasty window flex on my back window, all doors shake and flex some and my windshield has a little flex. My deck dances and with the windows down I don't have anything close to a :hairtrick: , maybe a slight breeze! I can't listen to a song at full tilt without a noticeable hearing change (like being in the club for an hour) Any ideas? I know its not nearly enough to go on but any idea at all?

Starting From Scratch!!

Since your rear deck has been modified like that it will more than likely put you in streetmax, or possibly super street no wall if your subs aren't mounted above the lowest point of any or your windows. Those two classes are going to be very tough to win in if there are anyone in them to begin with. Good luck, let us know what your car does.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Since your rear deck has been modified like that it will more than likely put you in streetmax, or possibly super street no wall if your subs aren't mounted above the lowest point of any or your windows. Those two classes are going to be very tough to win in if there are anyone in them to begin with. Good luck, let us know what your car does.

From what I can see it looks like street B

Starting From Scratch!!

From what I can see it looks like street B

since it is a 1x event you might get away with street b if the competitors are ok with it if i go to that show i would really like to go against you in street b :yahoo:

but because of that deck mod i dont think they will let you go in street b!!

i think freddy from danger sound should come and chime in a bit!!

vehicle-02 toyota celicawoofers-groundshaker g-s1 10" woofersamp-SUNDOWNAUDIO SAZ 3500battery-1 C&D battery

This is what I found on thier website

Street Max Division Passenger Compartment Restrictions

3-11a Modifications to the passenger compartment from the B-Pillar forward are prohibited.

Additional Guidelines:

The OEM headliner (or an equivalent replacement) must remain in place for those areas in front of the B-Pillar.

The OEM door panels (or an equivalent replacement) must remain in place for those areas in front of the B-Pillar.

The OEM carpeting (or an equivalent replacement) must remain in place for those areas in front of the B-Pillar.

Sound damping materials may be used to reduce vibration when installed in accordance with the manufacturer's recommended installation instructions. The maximum total thickness of sound damping material applied at any given location may not exceed 5/32 inch (4mm). The sound damping application may consist of mat-type material, spray-on material, or a combination of the two. A maximum of 2 layers of mat-type material may be used at any given location, even if the total thickness of the sound damping material(s) is less than 5/32 inch (4mm).

Expanding foam may be used sparingly in front of the B-Pillar to seal small openings or reduce vibration, but may not be used to fill voids or other large cavities (such as the dashboard or doors).

Since its my rear deck and it was replaced by a custom unit that matches the original it should be OK. Also it's behind the B pillar and actually under the c pillar and under all the windows. Without showing it to someone it is almost indistinguishable from stock. Not sure but Im sure the judges will tell me!

Starting From Scratch!!