Second Skin Audio

Resonant Frequency Of 06-07 Chevy Avalanche

dtbrown

I would sweep it if I were you. One persons peak might not be yours. Even a little bit of Dynamat can totally mess up your resonance for example.

I just need a ball park idea. Even with dynamat it won't change it by that much. And for the most part a same vehicle will be pretty close frequency wise. So if someone gives me a number from 45-50hz then that's tell me it tunes a little high or if they tell me 40-45hz that tells me it tunes a little low.

Thanks,

Jeff

I just need a ball park idea. Even with dynamat it won't change it by that much. And for the most part a same vehicle will be pretty close frequency wise. So if someone gives me a number from 45-50hz then that's tell me it tunes a little high or if they tell me 40-45hz that tells me it tunes a little low.

Thanks,

Jeff

I think there was something about using a 10" woofer in a sealed box, then playing a sweep and whatever frequency was the loudest/made you car shake was your resonant Frequency, I forgot the exact details but maybe someone with more experience with finding Resonant frequency can chirp in.

Edit: Here is a thread I found that had some tips for finding the resonant Frequency

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...onant+Frequency

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I think there was something about using a 10" woofer in a sealed box, then playing a sweep and whatever frequency was the loudest/made you car shake was your resonant Frequency, I forgot the exact details but maybe someone with more experience with finding Resonant frequency can chirp in.

Edit: Here is a thread I found that had some tips for finding the resonant Frequency

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...onant+Frequency

Thanks and I understand how to do a resonant frequency test but it's time consuming and if someone can help me on here and give me a rough idea that would help a lot.

Archived