Sonic Electronix

hey what's up? i need some real help. i'm a HUGE bass fan, i love it like a fat kid loves cake, but i dont know a whole lot about it. i currently own a pair of jl 13w3's in a ported box. i have a hifonics bxi 1610d amp, and a boss 3 farad capacitor. it hits, but not hard enough. this may sound crazy, but i want 4 13w7's powered by 4 jl slash 1000/1v2's in a ported box. i drive a ford expedition, and i took out the 3rd row, so there's plenty of room. but wgat king of charging system would i need? like alternator upgrades and batteries and capacitors, and all that stuff. would sound proofing material be recommended as well? i plan on doing the doors with with 4 sets of jl evolution c5 650x. someone please lend a newbie a hand here. i'd also love it if i could wire it myself, because the car audio places near base try to rob you blind. anything would help guys. thanks.

Semper Fi,

lance Cooley USMC

Corporal, USMC

Well, i would get your electrical system up to par befor you spend all that money in equipment.

Power Wire/RCAs Go there for those..

Alts, Dual/Triple/Quad alt setup, you should be fine with Dual 160+ alts or even a really good 200+ alt )

DC Alts # is 888 441 0144

Or hit up Mechman on this Forum and get a PM for price

Also think about getting MLA if you dont get a external regulator

Its not in stock, but i recommend a few Kinetik 2400s

also replace your stock batt with a lower version of these

Do the BIG 3 with 0/1 gauge from Knukonceptz

Dynamat

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

that's going to be an expensive build, but if i was you, id start with the mids and high while the box is being built for those jls, id deaden everything you can and get the mids and highs setup in the meantime, get an alt and some batts from www.mechman.com

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

you have to measure from the powerside of the alt to the battery and from batt ground to chassis, and from engine to chassis ground, every car is different just gotta measure

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

depends on how much you want to do, i have a tiny car so i dont know the exact feet you would need, or where your batteries are going to be placed, maybe take a piece of string and run it from the firewall to where your going to put the batts at then add 3 feet to that then x2 *i would do 2 runs from front to back... but thats just me.

and you need extra wire for grounding and all that as well... its always good to order extra

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i'd say around 100 ft, might as well start there, you're going to use more that 50 ft with a couple runs to the back, well atleast i did. and little jumpers from batt to batt and the big three, i never had enough 0 gauge in stock

i feel really stupid asking this, but what would the additional batteries hook up to? as for the mids and highs, i'd have to run them on 2 jl g6600's. the main problem i'm having is that i dont see how everything is going to be integrated. like, it looks good on paper, but im having a hard time figuring this out. i know everything i wanna do, but i dont know where should i start. make sense?

Corporal, USMC

wire wise if u get u a 100" roll u would have enough for 4 runs front to back and a lil bit more hit up mechman get is 250 amp rhino alt 3-5 batt powermaster or group 31 ditch the caps. that should get u started. where u stationed at bro?

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

you run the power wire from your front batt *thats hooked up to your alt, or run from alt to back batt....

Edited by Army_guy614

Team DC Audio