Wiring Help(adding Some Tweets)

I just bought a set of mtx tx1000 tweets and want to add them to the front of my civic but i am trying to figure out if i should run them off my alpine 9884 or combine them with my 6.5 alpine type-r coax's?

I have a kenwood excelon 4 channel running my doors and rears, i have never ran a set of tweets before so i am trying to figure out if i want to run them with my 6.5's how can i do this?6 speakers on a 4 channel amp, any help would be appreciated.

Im trying not to have to rewire any of the car.

Thanks,

Lonny.

just wire the tweets in paralell with the front speakers... this will lower ur ohm load closer to 2ohms so make sure ur amp is 2ohm stable... and then get a bass blocker or something and install it right next to the tweeter in line with the positive... say 2.5khz... maybe 4khz

if you connect the tweets to ur headunit u likely will still need bass blockers of some sort since the crossover on the headunit likely doesnt go up above 250hz or something like that

why did u get the tweets in the first place.... did u not have enough highs?

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

They came with the crossovers,Yes my amp is 2ohm stable,I got them because i couldn't beat the deal(40 brand new)plus yes i am kinda lacking the tweet up front since i am not using the stock ones in my dash.I was asking about running them off the radio but i just dont think the radio will run them(they are 50rms each).

So you think just parallel them with the front speakers?

Im using a kenwood excelon x40 and the crossovers they provide are non adjustable,they are basically like inline crossovers.

The TX1000 25 mm tweeter pair features an 18 dB high-pass crossover.

Edited by hondaonchrome

yeah that will be ur only problem... if they are too loud or not loud enough you cant adjust them if they are connected with the front coaxials... and the headunit makes 18w rms so thats not very much

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

the tx comes with a cap already and yes just wire it in parallel with the front comps input and you should be fine by the way just as a side note make sure the cap in on the positive side and as close to the tweeter as possible sorry had to say it

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

So you think i should just try them like this and if its not what i like then just maybe put them on there own lil amp,so i would have the ability to tune them?

umm not exactly they are loud as all get out i have 2 that came with my tx6001 comps and i had to turn them way down -10db or so another amp may be too much the 4chan should be enough but hook them up first and temp mount them double sided tape so you can see how they sound maybe too much idk

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

the tx comes with a cap already and yes just wire it in parallel with the front comps input and you should be fine by the way just as a side note make sure the cap in on the positive side and as close to the tweeter as possible sorry had to say it

There is 2 wires coming in the cap and 2 going out,so just put them close to the tweet when i install them?