Project "SQL Monte Carlo v4" *Updated 1.26.12*

Project "SQL Monte Carlo" v4

This is going to be my 4th setup in this car since joining the board (5th overall). Everything is being changed out this time around except the mids/highs amp and the head unit. Before I got my DD-1 I babied the shit out of it cause I didn't know how loud I could safely turn it up but after getting it dialed in with my DD-1 it exposed my front stage....tweeters can't hang with the power. I sold my Sundown subs and amp, the birch box and my DD 2512, plan was to get a pair of DD 3512's but my supplier fell through so i'm gonna rock with one for now.

Car: 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo

Setup:

Alpine CDA-117

PPI 356CS 6.5" component set Crescendo MP-6 6.5's and SEAS Prestige 1" tweeters (ordered)

CDT Audio SQA-4100 amp

Memphis 16-X03 3way active electronic xover (ordered)

Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D

Sundown Audio SA-12's (pair) Digital Designs 3512f D2

Custom built 3ft3 birch box, tuned to 32Hz Custom built 2.25ft3 box tuned to 34Hz

Flush mount, LED backlit, laser cut head unit install kit

KnuKonceptz RCA's

JL Audio 2ga. dual amp install kit Trystar 1/0 wire

Mike Singer 225a H/O alt (ordered)

MK Group 24 secondary battery

Only things I need to order now is the power wire and i'm ready to start the install

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

cant wait to see the pics, get some pics of all the stuff you got so we can all see what your workin with

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

cant wait to see the pics, get some pics of all the stuff you got so we can all see what your workin with

Alright, I'll snap some pics tonight.

That HU install kit is pretty sweet, is it custom made or is there a place to order them, anyway builds lookin good looks like its gonna sound really good, and I like your choice in the amp haha

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

That hu kit is badass you should get a pick with it lit up.

I figured the hu kit would get the most attention. I know when I first seen them I was in awe. I wasn't going to install an aftermarket head unit in my car because the deck install kits were all horrible and my fabrication skills aren't at the level to where I could end up with it looking the way I want it to, but once I laid eyes on this kit it was a no-brainer. I'll try to get a pic of it lit up this weekend.

That HU install kit is pretty sweet, is it custom made or is there a place to order them, anyway builds lookin good looks like its gonna sound really good, and I like your choice in the amp haha

It's custom made AND there is a place to order them. They have multiple options from which you can choose and they build it to order, you can even customize it beyond the options they have available. If you want to look into it visit www.humount.com, if you want something done and you don't see an option for it then you can call them and they'll work with you on it.

I sure hope it sounds good once it's all done, it better, I've been waiting 3 long years to finally piece everything together and it's all what I really wanted. In the past I've wanted certain things but if I found an unbeatable deal for something that would do, I just got it and never got what I really wanted. This time I made myself show a little patience and got everything I wanted and did not install anything until I got it all.

As for the amp, that was a last minute addition, I was going to get a HiFonics Brutus BXi1210D to match the Zeus but the overwhelming consensus is that the AQ is a superior piece compared to that, and the fact that it ended up costing me $25 less was just a bonus;) If I am impressed with the 1200D I may end up getting the AQ4X90 to match.

the HU kit is pure sex.....thats some sweet sh!t your workin with man, tight subs those magnet covers look baller

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

the HU kit is pure sex.....thats some sweet sh!t your workin with man, tight subs those magnet covers look baller

Agreed! This is what it looks like installed

Posted Image

I make a mess in my pants everytime I see that

I've been wanting this stuff for quite some time now, I know it's not the best stuff out there but it's what I wanted and could afford so I just hope it's worth the wait.

Update on my build

My AQ1200D will be here next wednesday so in preparation, i'm going to do "The Big 3" this weekend, might run some 16ga speaker wire for my fronts too, gonna start on the outline for the wall i'm gonna put up right behind the backseats and get busy on figuring out my amp rack, which I hope to flush mount into the wall. Stay tuned....

Agreed! This is what it looks like installed

shits on point son... good wrk

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Archived