Second Skin Audio

Hdc3 15 Question

I currently have an aq hdc3 15 and one of their amps at 1/2 ohm. I have heard of people putting ungodly power to these subs with no problems. Mine starts to get smelly when it begins to get loud. The amp was set with an o scope and is not clipping. I have very little if any voltage drop. Anybody got any insight on this for me?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Mine has done this in two different boxes. The first was on the small side and this one is a litle big but both have done it.I reconed it about 6 months ago (was blown when I got it). I got a little messy with the glue. Thats the only thing I can think of.

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

depends did you get copper coils or aluminum? the aluminum's will take a little more power. its all in the box and how you play them. i could beat on both mine all day with 2 zx1000.1s but when i strapped both zx1000.1s on 1 of them it was get smelly after a little bit. just depends on how you play them. And the smell could very well be the glue burning.

They are the coppers. Like I said I've heard of people throwing alot more than I am at them. I don't want to blow it so I turn the music down every time they get smelly. After I start getting my pay check from my new job I'm thinking about playing it til it burns then reconing it to aluminum! Would the glue be smelling after this long?

Archived