Sonic Electronix

i thought that crossovers for 12s are sposed to be at like 60 or sumthin like that

no, the usual LPF settings for any sub is 60 to 80hz. anything higher should be handled by your speakers and not your subwoofers

Edited by Krannyman92

i checked it with audacity and it looks like 33 hz

Thanks for the info.. I just downloaded this program so I can analyze the songs now.. pretty sweet.

Also I guess I will lower my low pass crossover settings.

Thanks for the info.. I just downloaded this program so I can analyze the songs now.. pretty sweet.

Also I guess I will lower my low pass crossover settings.

fyi, changing your lowpass filter wont change how low your subs can go. it only changes how high your subs will play.

if your system still sounds the same, then refer to post #7. that will give people here enough info to make you a really nice box design.

Edited by Krannyman92

Krannyman92, you are only 3 hours away from me.. My brother live up there in Palatine also

changing your lowpass filter wont change how low your subs can go. it only changes how high your subs will play

I know this :)

I will have to get my tape measure out and measure up the dimensions of the available space back there.

what city do you live in?? thats cool, not many people live in the suburbs around me on here.

I live in Peoria IL

Ok I measured the available space I have for a box.. should be plenty of room for 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 series subs.

45 1/2" Wide x 27" Deep x 17" High

Just a hair over 12 cubic feet

Edited by Hotdog