Soldering Tool Question

Probably a noob question but if I bought this SOLDER TOOL, would I be able to solder two 16gauge wires together or would it be to much heat?

And I could solder the 1/0 to a ring terminal?

Thanks Greg

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Probably a noob question but if I bought this SOLDER TOOL, would I be able to solder two 16gauge wires together or would it be to much heat?

And I could solder the 1/0 to a ring terminal?

Thanks Greg

Perfect for the ring terminal job but overkill, IMO, for the 16ga job.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

you CAN do both with that gun but a soldering iron would be a little more controlled on something as small as 16 guage or my torch came with a tip i put in when i do something smaller

What soldering torch do you have?

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Add what core solder do you recommend?

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

I'm going to be doing some wire too. If you look at the sticky, they mention to using rosin core solder.

I'm going to be doing some wire too. If you look at the sticky, they mention to using rosin core solder.

I just got done reading that lol 60/40 Steve Meade recommended lol

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

rosin core. i use some cheap stuff from walmart, its about $1.40 a tube and can do about 3 large 1/0 terminals per pack. ive done a few alarm installs with one of the tube and still have a little left on it.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I just got done reading that lol 60/40 Steve Meade recommended lol

LOL, me too. Going to harbor freight after school tomorrow to cop me some rosin core and that solder flame tool thing you posted too.

LOL, me too. Going to harbor freight after school tomorrow to cop me some rosin core and that solder flame tool thing you posted too.

I'm thinking about it but I wanna solder a small wire too so I was trying to find a soldering tool to do both :D

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Archived