Soldering Tool Question

Any recommendations for a small wire (16gauge) soldering tools?

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

a soldering iron will work best on the wire, and a torch will work best on the ring terminals.

you're best off buying both and some 60/40 rosin core. that way you'll always be ready. PLUS, i bet you can get a torch, soldering iron (30 watt or 40 watt) and the solder for under $20 at harbor freight.

good luck!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

soldering iron work best on smaller guage wires dont try to solder the tip of 1/0 with a iron it wont work but it works wonders when you are in your car doing alarm installs or doind a wiring job in your dash

Roseville, CA

Just bought a solder torch from Harbor Freight for 10 bucks. (Can't go wrong with that)

Probably go to home depot and look for a solder iron for the smaller gauge wires (I was going to solder the small wires then put heat shrink tubing over it)

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Yeah man, I'm going to get that torch tomorrow and a iron and some rosin. The stupid wires on my tweeter broke/ripped/whatever off. Damn shit man. It's gonna suck soldering a small ass

lol I'm practice with two wires before actually trying to solder the wires together in one try cause I'd mess up lol.

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

It's gonna suck soldering a small ass

it'll be easy if you buy a decent iron with plenty of heat. i tried to use a 25 watt iron to solder my leads on my sub after my recone and it couldnt get hot enough to do the job. i bought a 40 watt iron from radioshack and it gives more than enough heat to quickly solder items together.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

i got a pencil torch from harber freight that has soldering tips on it, and it works great to solder 16 gauge wire

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Nvm found it lol

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

i got a pencil torch from harber freight that has soldering tips on it, and it works great to solder 16 gauge wire

Would you be referring to this?

Archived