Sundown Audio

Opinions On Hifonics Brutus Amps

Florida heat

couldnt really tell you man i need all the help i can get when it comes to stuff like this

question was aimed at everyone :)

but i know for sure that crunch rates all of their amps at 16v, except the gp3000 pro.

overrated as in the power rating is overrated. I ran the BXi608d and currently I'm running the BXi1606d. Great amps.

i figure if i get a 3200w class d hifonics brutus to run the btl that should be plenty of power right?

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

i figure if i get a 3200w class d hifonics brutus to run the btl that should be plenty of power right?

you will be underpowering the btl. peak power numbers mean absolutely nothing and its just a marketing ploy.

the 1600rms brutus, you will get about 1300-1400rms of output worth of it, assuming you stay in the 14v range for your charging system. the 2610d will be the best bet to get the most output out of a BTL.

you will be underpowering the btl. peak power numbers mean absolutely nothing and its just a marketing ploy.

the 1600rms brutus, you will get about 1300-1400rms of output worth of it, assuming you stay in the 14v range for your charging system. the 2610d will be the best bet to get the most output out of a BTL.

i obviously need to do some research on the whole voltage and recharging thing because im kind of lost :/

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

i obviously need to do some research on the whole voltage and recharging thing because im kind of lost :/

well basically, the more voltage you can provide to your amp, the more power you will get out of it.

whats "recharging"?

well basically, the more voltage you can provide to your amp, the more power you will get out of it.

whats "recharging"?

so if i had an extra battery and a new higher output alt. that would pretty much do the job? and also i been reading about the big 3 so thats a deffinate must too. but as you were saying in the other thread about how that battery was a great buy. would it be enough to run the 2610d you recomended also??

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

I ran four of them (2608D) on 4-15" BTL's and did 155, not like thats amazing or anything but as far as people saying there overrated I have asked every person to back that up with real tests using whatever method they choose like clamp and dmm or whatever and to this day not one person has shown that those amps do less then what there rated for. However I have talked to Mike Stiers on the hifonics forum and he has stated that the amps will do rated @14.4. Not trying to start an arguement here but if anyone is going to claim something I always like to see actual data to back it up, not heresay!

I don't have any pics to prove it, nor do I need them, I know for a fact that they don't make rated power I ran them myself, I tested the 1200 extensively.

I'm not knocking there amps, I think they are good entry level amps, but your not looking for entry level equipment if your looking to power a Fi BTL

just remember you get what you pay for, save up a few more dollars and get something that WILL make its rated Power, also look into a company that will help you if a problem should arise.

Our 2500.1 in my opinion is perfect for the BTL, it is a little pricey compared to the Hifonics amps, BUT our amps will make there Rated Power and then some I guarantee it, also I would like to think that very few can match our level of support.

http://www.diabloaudiotechnologies.com/hellfire2.5kw.html

there are 2 right ways to test, 1 is using a AP system, 2) a clamp meter and a dmm

I used a clamp meter and DMM to test with, Im no rookie or newb.

since you seem to want people to prove things to you, why dont you prove a 155 to me with that set up u talked about

Archived