Sundown Audio

Opinions On Hifonics Brutus Amps

Florida heat

Hifonics has some loyal followers. The only amp they have that I want is the Colossus. I know a local shop owner that has a hatchback with 2 XXX 18"s and 2 2600, and was shocked when he found out they didn't do 2600 at comps. I didn't hear the exact amount.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

there are 2 right ways to test, 1 is using a AP system, 2) a clamp meter and a dmm

I used a clamp meter and DMM to test with, Im no rookie or newb.

since you seem to want people to prove things to you, why dont you prove a 155 to me with that set up u talked about

All I did was ask! I never stated you were a newb, so why the hostility?

in my experience... maxxsonics has good customer support.... i had a bxi606 that went defective after about a week.... i notified maxxsonics and they gave me the rma number for cia engineering.... i spoke with cia engineering multiple times while they had my amp.... they were backed up at the time because of the ice storms that they had.... they were very informative on what was wrong.... i also talked to them to find out if it was my fault that it blew and he assured me that it was just a defective amp... they repaired it 3 times and it failed everytime they tested it... cia engineering then realyed the info to maxxsonics and they sent me the new bxi608.... seemed to be a solid amp... and later sold the amp to a friend and it is still working to this day... and that was over a year ago....

imo the bang for the buck is unmatched.... and i believe if you give the bxi amps a solid 14.4v they will do rated power all day long... and im planning on buying a bxi2608 in the near future...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

no need to touch on it.... im not disputing anyone... thats just my opinnion and experience... others may be different... the op just wanted some feed back so i gave it to him....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

All you had to say was I used a clamp and dmm, but like on other forums everytime this question is asked about hifonics all the same answers appear and so I ask the same question, how and show? and it always seems the admins or mods jump in right away with the same answer. If someone tells me there car can go 150 mph, Im going to ask for proof wouldnt you?

well being part owner of amplifier company, I probably shouldn't say anything, I'm not trying to slam anyone, I just know alot more then you do, I see and hear things you don't.

they have some great products no doubt, and have been around along time, they didn't get that way from treating there customers poorly, I never said the didnt nor would I.

I just know that this line of amplifiers from them don't make rated power, I'm not the only person that has tested this and had the same findings.

I don't have any pics to prove it, nor do I need them, I know for a fact that they don't make rated power I ran them myself, I tested the 1200 extensively.

I'm not knocking there amps, I think they are good entry level amps, but your not looking for entry level equipment if your looking to power a Fi BTL

just remember you get what you pay for, save up a few more dollars and get something that WILL make its rated Power, also look into a company that will help you if a problem should arise.

Our 2500.1 in my opinion is perfect for the BTL, it is a little pricey compared to the Hifonics amps, BUT our amps will make there Rated Power and then some I guarantee it, also I would like to think that very few can match our level of support.

http://www.diabloaudiotechnologies.com/hellfire2.5kw.html

now i thankyou very much for your help and support and i checked out that amp. You being a partial owner of the amplifier company you make some very interesting arguments and it sure as hell sounds like you know what your talking about. The amp you recommended me is im sure a great deal but 800 dollars is alot of money especially for me jst being a busboy lol. dont get me wrong i make pretty damn good money for just being a busboy but thats a little pricey for me. and i totally see what your saying about how hifonics is a good entry level amp but not for an FI BTL. now you taking the experience you already have with other amplifiers and such what would you say is another good deal to run that btl 18"??? I dont mind saving some extra cash for a good amp to run that BTL but there's always another good deal if not better out there. If it comes down to it and i have to spend that 800 dollars then so be it but like i said, im just browsing right now for the best deal but also efficient enough to run that BTL safely.

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

Archived