My battery is draining fast when the car is off. i think it might be one of my relays for my alarm that ive installed. Could that be a problem? i have 2 for the door actuators, 1 for trunk release, and 1 for for remote out. Also i have a proxiemety sensor with a switch on it. My alarm is a Viper 691xv and yes i tried removing all the fuses and nothing changed.

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

Year, make,and model of car?

You said door actuators, do you mean for the doorlocks ? And what do you mean by a relay on the remote out? What bypass are you useing?

1996 camaro rs, door actuators as in aftermarket door openers for keyless entry adn remote out as in the remote out on the deck triggers a realy that provides 12v to whatever i want to turn on because i use to have 2 amps

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

and the only bypass is a resister for my remote start

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

I will post the wiring for you car when I get 2 my desktop,but does your alarm have the built in starter kill or a relay ? Is this a new install or did this just happen? Have you meterd relays and actuators? And tested for power draw ,test each wire with the fuses in and pull 1 at a time

I will post the wiring for you car when I get 2 my desktop,but does your alarm have the built in starter kill or a relay ? Is this a new install or did this just happen? Have you meterd relays and actuators? And tested for power draw ,test each wire with the fuses in and pull 1 at a time

it does have starter kill and i doubt it works because i have unplugged my alarm and been able to start my car, i dont know how to measure the the meter the raleys or actuators but i got a dmm. i did test for power draw by pulling the positive from my bat and using a dmm to link the power cable to battery on a 10amp setting and got .049 with all fuses and alarms disconnected and fuses out even the ones under my hood, and after waiting like 10mins. its been like this since i got the alarm but now its BAD it dies like in 2 hours before it was like 2 days

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

Set your meter on AC and test but I would try with the neg. Batt. Post., but I'm really thinking it might be your starter kill relay , get in your car arm the alarm and wait about 2 min. And try to start the car .

Stock alt.? How old are the batts?

it does have starter kill and i doubt it works because i have unplugged my alarm and been able to start my car

Starter kills are only active when the alarm is armed... they open the circuit when the alarm is armed and rest at closed when it is not.

i did test for power draw by pulling the positive from my bat and using a dmm to link the power cable to battery on a 10amp setting and got .049 with all fuses and alarms disconnected and fuses out even the ones under my hood, and after waiting like 10mins. its been like this since i got the alarm but now its BAD it dies like in 2 hours before it was like 2 days

.049 is fine.

How did you test the current draw? thru the negative or positive? if positive, disconnect the negative and test it on that instead.

Set your meter on AC and test but I would try with the neg. Batt. Post., but I'm really thinking it might be your starter kill relay , get in your car arm the alarm and wait about 2 min. And try to start the car .

What exactly is he supposed to be testing with AC, a tach wire? haha

Go have a load test done on your electrical system and see if it passes or have you already?

I see in your sig you have a cap... try disconnecting it and see if your problems go away.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

No not looking for tack!

If you set your dmm to AC and disconect the neg. Batt. And test the lead there while pulling 1 fuse at a time he can see which 1 has the most draw, and if the starter relay is wired wrong to the alarm it will be drawing current , I had to fix this issue for a few DIY's that's why I asked to test it.

I also asked about the alt,and batt. Because he has a lot of power draw to his system and a stock 1996 alt. Just aint gonna cut it, and how old is the batt?

Archived