No not looking for tack!

If you set your dmm to AC and disconect the neg. Batt. And test the lead there while pulling 1 fuse at a time he can see which 1 has the most draw, and if the starter relay is wired wrong to the alarm it will be drawing current , I had to fix this issue for a few DIY's that's why I asked to test it.

I also asked about the alt,and batt. Because he has a lot of power draw to his system and a stock 1996 alt. Just aint gonna cut it, and how old is the batt?

the alt is stock and and i would guess 3-4 years but i have an extra alt, and i think your right with the starter kill because sometimes if i disconnect the battery and connect it again and the battery is low if will click from under my dash. Battery works fine ive had it tested it multiple times and now when i walk into kragens they already know me by name.

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

I see in your sig you have a cap... try disconnecting it and see if your problems go away.

i have removed my system for the time being so i can troubleshoot this. i also ony have the one battery upfront and no kinetik or cap

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

There is 2 ways of wiring a starter kill normally open and normally closed.

does it have the diode across the coil?

You said you had your batt. Tested but how about your alt.

i have no idea how to tell if it has a diode, sorry. but the battery is fully charched at like 12.4 volts with the car off so its not the alt, i can test the alts they are really easy to remove in my car, like a 5min job. could the big 3 cause this?

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

FOUND PROBLEM i toke my battery to another kragens and go tthe battery tested it was the battery! b ut before you say anytin like wtf dint he tried that first? i DID i went to kragens like everyweek but there dumbasses so i just went to another kragens and they told me in 10 mins is was bad and 10mins later exchanged mine

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

• 2 weeks later...

by the way i forgot to thank you guys for all your help i greatly appreciate it

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

• 3 weeks later...

im having this problem... hoped the op had found an answer with the drain... well, any more ideas on what this might be?

my batt hasnt died yet but i was gone for a week and the voltage got down to 11.X. car still started but the alt was working really hard to charge the batts up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im having this problem... hoped the op had found an answer with the drain... well, any more ideas on what this might be?

my batt hasnt died yet but i was gone for a week and the voltage got down to 11.X. car still started but the alt was working really hard to charge the batts up.

sounds like you also have a dead battery.

do this. have someone start your car while you have a DMM on the positive and negative of the battery.

if your battery is resting at 12.4 before you start the car (example) and then it drops 2 or 3 volts when they try to start the car then yea your battery is bad.

sounds like you also have a dead battery.

do this. have someone start your car while you have a DMM on the positive and negative of the battery.

if your battery is resting at 12.4 before you start the car (example) and then it drops 2 or 3 volts when they try to start the car then yea your battery is bad.

and what if you have 2 batteries? same deal?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

bump

Archived