Second Skin Audio

Oak?

Low n Loud

starting a new box build my my new 18" BTL, and i wanted to do somthing a lil different. i wanted to make the box out of MDF and for the front baffle use a double layer of oak, so i can sand it, stain it and polyurethane it (like peoples floors in their house), you know give a nice shine to it. Or, should i jus biuld the whole box out of oak and not have to worry bout carpet and buying 2 peices of different types of wood.

i dont think the weight really matters because betwwen my box my amp and my subs i have right now in the trunk of my jeep it weighs about 200lbs. with my new BTL the T30001bd and the oak it should weigh around 165lbs. but i am going to reinforce the box with fiberglass and 45 the corners with resin. i jus hope that it doesnt add too much weight

I don't think there is much of a weight difference between the 2. The oak would look good. Do the whole thing and glass the inside. I'm on the lookout for some Birtch for my next box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived