zaxfire69 Posted June 20, 2009 Report Posted June 20, 2009 Hey guys. Well I have decided to tear out the wall and build another box. This time I am designing it like Steve's Civic. Gonna have my 2 15's up top and my port on bottom. I have the measurements I want to use. Box is gonna be walled in my Civic. 40" Wide X 30" High X 15"s deep. I come up with 8.15 CuFt after Sub Displacement. I am wanting to tune the box to 32 hz. What do you guys think I should do as far as port. How wide and how deep a square port would yall recommend to get the 12-16 square inches per cuft? Calculating square port is not my strongest subject. Any help would be appreciated
basshead4life Posted June 20, 2009 Report Posted June 20, 2009 i used expo sports calculator and got 3" high 28" wide and 30" long gives you 84in^2 port area and 5.85 cubes after sub and port disp. and tunes to 32.09 Team S.M.D. Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1 - American Bass 500.1 - 60 ft of 3/0 -480 Ah of battery - (2) stock alternators (70 +90) - Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.