Sundown Audio

Fuse Holder Meltdown?

deeje

I've had no problems. I have the BXi1606d on 4ga with a 300A ANL fuse.

LOL

^^^ your fusing is almost double of what is needed by that amp. Id hope you have no problem..

At that point why even run a fuse? its not protecting much of anything since its fused to big for the wire and the amp.

X2

4ga max reccomended amperage draw is about 150a...

As for burning fuse holders, a shitty ground will do that.

X2 again or from my little experience recently bad ground drop your volts down to 6v every time you turn on amp.. lol

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

reason for the 300a fuse is because that is what drew had on hand. I'm well aware of it being too big.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

well im positive my ground is good i already had had a problem with it so i grinded down the paint on the frame and bolted it down and sprayed no rust on it and for the fuse i was thinking of getting a 140 circuit breaker do those work or should i stick with an anl with a 150 amp fuse or a afs fuse those seem pretty cool.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

well im positive my ground is good i already had had a problem with it so i grinded down the paint on the frame and bolted it down and sprayed no rust on it and for the fuse i was thinking of getting a 140 circuit breaker do those work or should i stick with an anl with a 150 amp fuse or a afs fuse those seem pretty cool.

I like the circuit breakers, I am getting one soon, does the same task as a fuse, but you can reset it if you set it off, plus it makes it easy to work on your system, pop the hood flip a switch, then get to working.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yea exactly what i was thinking more convenient and no blowing just didn't know if they were gimmicky or not

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

remember the rules on fuses here guys. 1st off, they can take 200% of their rating for 5 min b4 poping. that 0awg wire with a 300amp fuse will start to burn up well b4 that fuse wants to pop. 4awg can take 130 amps. that 125amp fuse the op is using can take 250amps for 5 min b4 poping. now the connections on the fuse holder might be offering the most resistance in the wire run so it heats up the most here and melts.

if the OP is using agu fuses, they are usually water tight. this means they are sealed and air can not get inside to cool the fuse. this heats up the fuse holder and it melts.

could be as simple as placement. maybe its to close to something really hot?

circuit breakers seem really nice but after they pop a few times it takes less and less ampers to trip them every time. so they are only truely accurate for about... 5 times. although if your poping fuses so much that you need a breaker, something more serious needs your attention.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Make sure your fuse isn't touching something that is getting hot if it is under the hood, my old fuse block was resting on my intake, and it melted. I know it wasn't because of the amps, because there wasn't even a fuse in the block

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Make sure your fuse isn't touching something that is getting hot if it is under the hood, my old fuse block was resting on my intake, and it melted. I know it wasn't because of the amps, because there wasn't even a fuse in the block

what was in it? a bar??

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

reason for the 300a fuse is because that is what drew had on hand. I'm well aware of it being too big.

Might as well have a lump of copper in your fuse holder. That 4ga will melt and set fire to your car long before the 300A pops.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

what was in it? a bar??

Nothing was, the bottom got hot and melted

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me