Sonic Electronix

How Can You Tell Downloaded Songs Are Clipped

hell yea, its the best and free, i downloaded it a while back when it was in beta.....luv it a lot :D

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

i have audacity but how to you use it to check for clipping

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

I do not trust anybody with does chopped & screwed. I have never once played any of that crap on my systems. I have no clue if its some 11y/o boy sitting in his chair adding test tones to a song recording it at some db he has no clue of.

Ouch. :(

:P

Edited by Bigpimpin91

pretty much if u see ANY red in the sound waves, it means clipping, also if u zoom in and u see oval patterns over the waves instead of lines, its clipped

-----0------0------0------0 BAD

-----l-------l-------l-------l GOOD

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

you can also go to "analyze clipping" but sometimes it freezes up, but it works

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

see... i wish everyone started with the original audacity... where there isnt a clip finding feature... dont get me wrong... i have both

but those red lines dont mean dont play... you should be able to zoom in 10-11 times and you can see where the wave looks flattened or cutoff outside of the data range

if you see a clipped spot from lets say 35.958 to 35.959... who cares... a thousandth of a second...

the problem is when there are extended clips lasting seconds long

and by now most guys on this forum should be able to hear the distortion via headphones... if not u should be able to hear the difference in the bass when its clean versus muddy

rock uses distortion to create a certain sound for a reason, so its not all bad... a clip is just going to create excess heat... hence why u smell glue/former after banging too long with incorrect settings or dirty music

and yes, it freezes, thats why its just a beta version... still has kinks in it.... SO USE THE OLD AUDACITY AND STOP CHEATN WITH THOSE RED LINES fellas! lmao

TeamSundown-sig.jpg